BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't knock people for trying to get top dollar for their cars but is this realistic:

2001 BMW M5

It is the original owner so that adds value if the person has full service records. What do you all feel is a fair price? Obviously there are no pictures but would assume it is in great shape given the asking price is $32,500. I do want to open up a can of worms as I have read many people comparing the E39 to the E60 and many like the E39 more but isn't this starting to get into the price one could pick up an E60 for?

Given there is a local 2002 with 66K miles for like 10K less in great shape:

2002 BMW, M5 *66K*

I would be very interested in the above but that is the one color I dislike. Me being so picky is limiting my options. If the above was black or the dark gray it would be gone.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Save up for an E60...

Reactions: Bavarian Beast

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Price all depends on what the seller belive his car is worth, if he is not in hurry he may not drop the price even, and maybe even get a buyer.

·
Registered
841 Posts
if you dont like it no one said you had to look at it!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nope I wouldnt.

·
Registered
656 Posts
This thread doesn't belong in the for sale section. Discussions like these take place in the discussion section. Good luck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Way too much for an '01 w/55k. I got my '01 w/66k nearly 2 years ago, in very good shape, for over $10k less. It was not original owner, but it had all the service records. $32,500 should buy you an '03 with more like 30-40k miles in great condition.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dude, we get it. You have a certain criteria for the M5 you are looking for, and you clearly haven't found it yet. You just need to be patient and keep your search up daily. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, period! This is your second thread in this forum that does not pertain to anything "for sale".

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dude, we get it. You have a certain criteria for the M5 you are looking for, and you clearly haven't found it yet. You just need to be patient and keep your search up daily. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, period! This is your second thread in this forum that does not pertain to anything "for sale".

Agreed, all your threads are trashing cars about whats wrong with them. If you dont like it then move on! you dont need confirmation from us to make your own decisions.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I could afford an E60 but not a fan of the way it looks or the power delivery.

Looks are one thing...to each their own...But as far as power delivery ?????? Just what are you looking for? If you expect an E60 M5 is too much power for you stick to the E39...But I fear you are talking without proper experience...The E60 FAR out performs the power delivery over anything else in the line..."stock". For the kind of Money this person is asking you can buy an E60 M5...but if you don't like the looks then what can I say...But I really don't understand what the heck your talking about when it comes to "power delivery". Please feel free to explain...ufh:typing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts