BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed it yesterday! I know for sure I am not getting that when I feed it with $50 gas and it only lasts about 200 miles! It has been like that at least for the past 200 miles!??????

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would suggest resetting the indicator - mine acts strangely if I don't reset it about every six months. I think it chokes on too much data.

·
Registered
267 Posts
history in the making

sounds like the world's first M5 Hybrid!!!

Advertisement:

The S85 V10 provides power when you request it by pressing the M button but until then you have the microwave, toaster or whatever it is that powers the Prius getting you through the city and highway.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reseted and everything is back to normal! 12.1 MPG. I feel a lot better! Thank you all. Another item I noticed is that the next service mileage did not change until I reseted as well! I am still wondering why that happened though!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sounds like the world's first M5 Hybrid!!!

Advertisement:

The S85 V10 provides power when you request it by pressing the M button but until then you have the microwave, toaster or whatever it is that powers the Prius getting you through the city and highway.
That's hilarious!hihahihahiha

·
4,385 Posts
I reseted and everything is back to normal! 12.1 MPG. I feel a lot better! Thank you all. Another item I noticed is that the next service mileage did not change until I reseted as well! I am still wondering why that happened though!
random glitch

my mileage reset to kilometers recently - e39 though

it could obviously be a bad computer/cluster - up to you to get it checked out

but you can also mess with it yourself and get these high numbers on the highway - it doesn't take much i did the 99.9mpg on just a slight downhill

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/155354-m5-99-9-mpg-greener-than-prius.html

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
random glitch

my mileage reset to kilometers recently - e39 though
This happened in my E39 once as well. Was at the movies, got my car and looked down and saw 66,xxx and was like WTF as my car had only 4x,xxx miles. So confused, then saw km. Weird.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My E39 M5 just did the switch from miles to KM, now it's back to miles but my mileage is very high, around 29 mpg. I can't figure out what is going on, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A simple reset brought it back to reality!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The M5 E60 is by far the thirstiest M car I've ever had, or thirstiest car period I've ever had. Heck my Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi was more fuel efficient.

Didn't quite drive the hemi the same way though.... :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
This happened in my E39 once as well. Was at the movies, got my car and looked down and saw 66,xxx and was like WTF as my car had only 4x,xxx miles. So confused, then saw km. Weird.
Crazy, this just happened to me yesterday. Same mileage too. Went to 60k and I freaked for a second, saw km, and it went back to 40k mls.

Strange

1 - 15 of 15 Posts