BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to list the beast on eBay. Not 100% I'm going to sell her, but thought I would at least feel the market out. I think my "Buy it Now" is a little optimistic. That being said, I don't foresee her getting sold, but who knows, it could happen. The reserve is set much more moderately and there's a pretty good chance that could be reached. I've just really gotten the itch for something much less practical -- 2 doors and more torque. Here are some pics that I listed with the eBay ad

Here is a link to the ad: BMW : 5-Series - eBay (item 180593314124 end time Dec-04-10 15:32:51 PST)

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good luck, but there's no way you're getting that price. Not with the car being in an accident of some sorts. I know you tout factory warranty, but some of your mods could easily give BMW cause to void it.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Interested in selling the roof spoiler and the Hartge front lip? Let me know. My car is the same color and ready to send $$ via Paypal.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Verbs -- you need to read more than just the title of the post before you reply.

I said I have an optimistic "Buy it Now" price, but the reserve is much more realistic -- about $10k less than the Buy it Now price.

I also said I would doing this as a feeler to get a feel for the market for my car.

Furthermore, a car is worth whatever a willing buyer is willing to pay a willing seller. Who knows, maybe someone will come along and Buy it Now. Not likely, but who knows.

I don't have to sell it, nor would I be that upset if it doesn't sell -- not a big deal.

Thanks for the good luck wishes, though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
part it out and then sell it, you'll make more money that way. that is if you plan to get rid of it in first place. lemme know if you plan to do a part out

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
90 Posts
That would fetch an easy $125 000 here in Oz, board member M5 VTEN sold his Hatage equiped 2008 (similar spec') last month for $150 000 (<40 000km).
Crazy numbers ! especially when you consider our Skippy dollar is basically at parity with the US $

You guys in the US should have a stock M5 for a DD and a mad modded one for weekend warfare.......................

Anyhow "Good Luck " with the sale, (if your anything like M5 VTEN you will have some regret once she's gone.)

Reactions: G ///McGregor K

·
Registered
682 Posts
GLWS I did the same thing with my Beast took about 4-months to find the right buyer and price I was looking for and I dont look back on my decision!

Got myself a 2-door unpractical Godzilla now and enjoying every minute of it. However the F10 M5 is next on my list hopefully to add to the stable when its finally released in about a year..

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GLWS I did the same thing with my Beast took about 4-months to find the right buyer and price I was looking for and I dont look back on my decision!

Got myself a 2-door unpractical Godzilla now and enjoying every minute of it. However the F10 M5 is next on my list hopefully to add to the stable when its finally released in about a year..
Yeah I just saw your thread and watched those videos, you left that Porsche and Challenger like they were standing still on the straight.

Btw -- that dyno pic didn't look like it was at RPI. You still visiting Eloy with the new beast?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah I just saw your thread and watched those videos, you left that Porsche and Challenger like they were standing still on the straight.

Btw -- that dyno pic didn't look like it was at RPI. You still visiting Eloy with the new beast?

Yeah car the blazing fast just with some bolt on mods I gained around 130hp. F

No the pic is not from RPI its at another shop prepping for the track. Eloy just moved to a new shop haven't been there yet, but soon will visit.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Where has the time gone!

I do have some observations, that might help.

First, close the hood! It parallels kids now days that like to wear their paints low in the rear, showing off their sh!t stains.

Second, dump the Duke of Hazzard car. It makes the M look like a moonshine transport.

Third, what a crap neighborhood you live in. Do they plan any develppment soon, say a home ot two? Maybe a gas station. I know Starbucks looks out of the question.

Okay, that was fun! Haven't posted for a while. Was on the hunt for an update on Rangers TT project and saw this.

How are things? What other car are you looking at?

OT, how was your bro's season?

P.S. You know I love the bird!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where has the time gone!

I do have some observations, that might help.

First, close the hood! It parallels kids now days that like to wear their paints low in the rear, showing off their sh!t stains.

Second, dump the Duke of Hazzard car. It makes the M look like a moonshine transport.

Third, what a crap neighborhood you live in. Do they plan any develppment soon, say a home ot two? Maybe a gas station. I know Starbucks looks out of the question.

Okay, that was fun! Haven't posted for a while. Was on the hunt for an update on Rangers TT project and saw this.

How are things? What other car are you looking at?

OT, how was your bro's season?

P.S. You know I love the bird!
:cheers:
1) The hood -- I guess I've been hanging with Myke too much and got used to sagging. Nothing seems to fit right anymore

2) Dump the bird?!?!? I mean, it's probably still a little too "new" for you, you probably already had 2 or 3 kids when that thing came out in '72:hihi: Can't dump it yet, got too much time and money invested in it, gotta try and finish it...

3) I'm trying to get outta here, the dirt roads and mud pits are horrible on the M

I've missed y'all out there in So Cal, definitely gonna have to make a trip back out there sometime soon

Cody's season went really well. He was named National Prep Player of the year by Tom Lemming (shhh, not out yet). Set multiple Connecticut state passing records including single game for yards (637 -- I think, know it was 63x), most touchdown passes in a half (7 -- tied as a national record with Drew Brees I think). He made the Army All-American game and was also selected to play for Team USA in a game where they consolidate 40 something players from around the world and play them against 40 something players from the US.

Miss y'all out there -- maybe time for a trip to NC/SC? How is everything with you? Sounds like Myke's trying to take the So Cal world by storm 10 things at a time...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts