BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just got my injectors cleaned this week too... but at a local, well known Injector shop in Torrance. Mainly because I work around the corner from them, and I was able to drop it off at lunch time and pick them up same day.
(i too have seen what difference old vs cleaned injectors can make, on a few of my other projects, cars, PWC's etc...)

I definitely paid more, but just want to say Injector cleaning is definitely something worth doing...

Here were my results for E39 M5 injectors, I was told had 150k miles on them and running fine.
I bought these used, as a spare set and had them cleaned before I get the car in for dyno tuning.

Point is even when they seem to running fine.. with age and time, injectors could benefit from a cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks for the feedback..
Agree with you, i rarely see injectors that don't improve after the service.
In fact i need to double check the tests if they don't show an improvement ...

Even if the flow stays the same, i hear people benefiting from better orings that seal the intake.. very easy to overlook when troubleshooting vacuum leaks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Mpiaty,

I'm sending out my injectors for my S62 today. They are order #100000055. I marked each to show which cylinder they go to. They should be to you by Wednesday or Thursday. After I get those back, I'll likely be sending my M54 injectors in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Pulled the injectors from my E36 M3. Order sent and ready to box up and send. $30! You rock!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depending on how gunk'd up they are try running a cleaner through the tank. - While I'm not completely sold on stuff dealers sell - I've been thinking about trying it (Yes I am a service advisor at an Acura store so yes its my job to sell the stuff) on my e34. I have an early m30 motor car which I upgraded to the bosch type 3 injectors about 50k miles ago. The new 44k platinum from BG is supposed to be amazing enough that we no longer offer the injector cleaning service off of the fuel rail. I've also been thinking about trying the EPR for the hell of it (oil additive to help dissolve build up around piston rings). I will be more then likely running that stuff through this thursday. - Oh if it work well enough I'll post up, you can buy the stuff from amazon as well instead of paying at the dealer.

·
Registered
1991 BMW M5 s38b36
2 Posts
Let me what your results feel/look like.
I do want mine to get cleaned and tested though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let me what your results feel/look like.I do want mine to get cleaned and tested though.
More importantly, are you still on OEM original injectors ? My car had originals and I changed them to the bosch type 3. Basically what that means is the original injectors for the m30 were the best 90s tech available at the time they made the car.. years go by and the designs have changed internally which now atomize fuel better so I switched. Im not sure if the same would apply to the S38, but I cant imagine the old injectors being better then what was developed later. As soon as I changed I did notice some improvements with my car. In all honesty I most likely will not be removing my injectors to inspect them because they are a PITA and I do not mistakenly want to tear the o-rings.

I did just fill up tonight 13 gallons and added that 44k cleaner to the tank.. I drive about 80 miles a day so i should run through this tank pretty quickly, because M30's are thirsty. If I do notice anything I will update :)

81 - 92 of 92 Posts