BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about offering a service for the guys/girls on some forums i enjoy.
It's *Free Injector Cleaning and Testing.

I've been working for Bosch than Volvo and BMW in Europe, but my love for those cars is pretty much gone and I've been a Mercedes Enthusiast for a while.
I remember the difference a clean injector makes in the way the car runs and how often i used to see them in poor condition.

In case you have a faulty injector, i have a bunch of spare ones (Mercedes and BMW cars of late 80s to late 90s) i kept through the years and could sell those at half the market price for used units.

This is WHY: R3VLimited Forums - View Single Post - I can clean your fuel injectors. Just pay for shipping and the fluid

Here's How I bring them back to life

1. Initial Visual Inspection - Check the injectors for signs of physical damage.
2. External Degrease Soak - Soak them in a degreaser solution
3.External cleaning - Brush off the loosened grime from the injectors
4: De-filtering - Remove the old filters in preparation for ultrasonic cleaning.
5. Ultrasonic cleaning - The Injectors are soaked in Degreaser and Left pulsating in the Ultrasound Bath
6. Purge the injectors - Install the injectors on the Fuel rail and spray into a container to ensure none of the fluid we use in the ultrasonic cleaner gets put into the calibration fluid.
7. Initial flow - Flow through the machine checking for spray pattern and any signs of malfunction.
8. Filter Basket installation - Install the new filter basket.
9. Reassemble - Using all new applicable parts (O-rings, spacers, pintle caps)

I'm in Southern California by the way. About 1 hour from
LA

I can do 2 kits a day or 3-4 on a weekend.
So the turnaround should be 24-48 hours

So for a kit of 8 I spend 25$ + shipping about 6$
I use
Odorless Degreaser @ 17$/gallon
Repair Kit @ 1$/Injector.
USPS Flat rate priority mail 6.10$

I'm not doing this as a business, i just like working on cars in my spare time. (But of course will take donations)

You can include a set of filters and o-rings with the package if you have a specific brand you like. And I won't charge you the 1 $/Injector

If you care to see how specific injectors were performing, you need to mark each of them with the Cylinder number and i will make sure i keep those numbers for your record.

Please note you forum nickname on the package to help me keep track of communication

This is a nice article on how to remove your injectors with pictures. Applicable for the E36 engines but process is similar on most of the cars
Pelican Technical Article: BMW 3-Series E36 Injector Replacement

Here's the process similar to what I do. (i have nothing to do with the company advertised in the video or the original uploader of that video)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
================================
IN STOCK (will update the list as I sort them)
In stock injectors will be sold at 10 $/piece.
Cleaned and tested. With 12 months - unlimited mileage

BMW
0 280 150 415 - Rated at 156 cc/min @3bar - 15.9 ohm
0 280 150 715 - Rated at 155 cc/min @3bar - 15.9 ohm
0 280 150 440 - Rated at 200 cc/min @3bar - 14.5 ohm
0 280 150 778 - Rated at 200 cc/min @3bar - 14.5 ohm
0 280 150 779 - Rated at 200 cc/min @3bar - 15.9 ohm
0 280 150 211 - Rated at 155 cc/min @3bar - 16.2 ohm
0 280 150 129 - Rated at 196 cc/min @3bar - 2.3 ohm
0 280 150 552 - Rated at 156 cc/min @3bar - 15.9 ohm
0 280 150 714 - Rated at 200 cc/min @3bar - 15.9 ohm
0 280 150 126 - Rated at 196 cc/min @3bar - 2.3 ohm

Mercedes Benz
0 280 155 203- Rated at 206 cc/min @3bar - 14.25 ohm
0 280 155 207
0 280 155 209 - Rated at 206 cc/min @3bar - 14.25 ohm
0 280 155 217 - Rated at 206 cc/min @3bar - 14.25 ohm

Other
Lucas D3761FA - 318IC
Lucas D3763FA/1747406 - M60 M62 V8 Enines
Lucas D3165KA - JAGUAR XJR SUPERCHARGED
Bosch 078 133 55IN - Audi
Siemens 000 078 8323 - Mercedes M119 V8

===============================

I will buy your older injector @ 3 $/piece.
If you buy the reconditioned ones from me

Here's a good table to give you an idea of compatibility
http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Wow, nice service man. I'm surprised you don't charge a little - $20 or something.

Only a few times, but I've seen how many problems improperly spraying/leaking/stuck injectors can cause. And they usually aren't the first place you look/try to fix either when they do malfunction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, nice service man. I'm surprised you don't charge a little - $20 or something.

Only a few times, but I've seen how many problems improperly spraying/leaking/stuck injectors can cause. And they usually aren't the first place you look/try to fix either when they do malfunction.
I kinda charge for the supplies i use. 32$ for the repair kit, fluids and return shipping.
This service is pretty popular on the E30 community and people usually donate to keep the service up. Really appreciate all the positive reviews and donations i get over there.

I started the offer a couple of weeks ago and went through about 200 injectors already. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got your PM but i can't currently reply to PMs (need 45 posts to do that and i'm 2 short)

I have NO STOCK of M5 injectors at the moment. So the offer is only to recondition yours. I hope i can get some stock soon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Okay, maybe I can pull them and just send em down for a few days, and drive the truck

Do you fab the orings or do I need to order a new set

I'm at 120k think this maintenance step is a high priority??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay, maybe I can pull them and just send em down for a few days, and drive the truck

Do you fab the orings or do I need to order a new set

I'm at 120k think this maintenance step is a high priority??
Yes, over 100k i would get them cleaned. I've seen a lot of them in good shape at higher mileage but it really depends on the condition of the fuel you use and the condition of the fuel filter

I buy repair kits in bulk. They come with O-rings and Basket filters. No need to buy individually, unless you have a specific brand or seller you like and want to buy on your own.

This is just a random with 0 rings and filters (in the plastic tube) picture i took while reconditioning a set from a E30 this weekend

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Where were you a few months back when I had my 540 apart.

$160 to have them cleaned.

They were close on the calibration and are spot on now.

I will def look you up if I do the m5.

You are a true supporter and an obvious enthusiast.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
where about in so cal are you? i was thinking of driving down to you in the m5, get the injectors cleaned and then drive home.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where about in so cal are you? i was thinking of driving down to you in the m5, get the injectors cleaned and then drive home.
I don't have a shop.
It's my personal garage and i will get in trouble if i do maintenance on the car in there. You can drop them off or it will be a lot cheaper to ship them than pay the gas ;) it's 6.10 priority mail flat rate box
Plus, my schedule is hard to work with. I mainly work in my garage close to midnight lately.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup 160-200 is average for 8 pieces.
The guys on the e30 forum are pretty excited too. And those cars have issues with the first gen injectors.
I initially thought I would offer the service on mercedes forums exclusively, but I guess mercedes owners don't really like to get their hands dirty removing the injectors and shipping them so I'm slowly expanding the offer to the cars that I enjoyed working on :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where were you a few months back when I had my 540 apart.

$160 to have them cleaned.

They were close on the calibration and are spot on now.

I will def look you up if I do the m5.

You are a true supporter and an obvious enthusiast.

:cool:
Thanks for the kind words.

This is the last set I did and you can see how close I can match them :). I have lots of stock of those injectors so I keep swapping them until I get them perfect.

R3VLimited Forums - View Single Post - I can clean your fuel injectors. Just pay for shipping and the fluid

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have a set sitting in a box, lets get them cleaned.
Im in the OC ( HB to be exact ) , and will be contacting you in a day or two ..

1 - 20 of 92 Posts