BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one E60 in Angola, is my 3 E60 M5 V10… I have one X5 M and is my second… I have one BMW F10 535D in Portugal and i receive last friday my Porsche 911 Turbo S… all the cars are black.

This Porsche is something.. very quick and very difficult to drive… don´t have the BMW finesse… I know they are ver different cars… but please porsche need some finesse and some sensibility… but… the car is very fast.. amercian magazine says 2,9 for 0-62…

But the V10 E60 is so special… the SMG is match fast than the PDK even in Sport PLUS… I am very curious about to prove the M-DTC on the new M5 F10 because if I am correct is the same Gear Box like PDK… double clutch…. if I am wrong please let me know…

CAETANOM5…

Thank you people..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photos...

I don´t know if the Photos will appear… I put foots on my BMW 535d Black F10 with M sport package ( december 2010 ) and Black Porsche turbo s 911 ( march 2011 ) , and the BMW 1000 RR ( January 2011 )…. all are new…

I upload the photos… but I am not secure they all appear…

From my M5 E60 with 3200 Km new in Luanda/ Angola and my X5 M New with 3000 Km all black I will put photos in the next week, because I don´t have hear in this computer and I am in Lisbon…

Thank you.

CaetanoM5.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool pics. Cool cars cool bike. I wana see the m5 on luanda streets, pls. Also, the smg you think is faster? Than pdk? Even at low rpm ? I can hardly believe it. So which is your absolute fav?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Friends. " Dear SMYLEY ".

Friends.

Sorry my English sometimes.. !!!!

Thank you for to appreciate like me all the cars… ( ///BRUNO AND JAREDW )

Thank you..

I will post photos this weekend for share with all of you on my M5 E60 and my X5 M all black in the Luanda street.

I have one very very close friend sell cars… and the last month sell one SLS AMG and one Austin MArtin DB9… in ANGOLA… we have all there " dear
SMYLEY…"

PS: The SMG in slow ride is slower than the PDK…!!!! But people forget when they drive one SMG the reality… the SMG is one manual gearbox and we must use like that…!!! slower RPM is Slower… High RPM is the dream..

But in fast mode S6 full " Range 6.800 - 8.250 RPM "… believe me this SMG is something..!!!!! never I will have a car like that… you simple don´t believe are I do with this car … personally i tell if we have opportunity..

I am very curious about the M-DTC ( in fact is the PDK technology ) in this new M5 F10… Because in the porsches this PDK is not fast and produce adrenaline like our SMG… Wait and se for all of us…

Thank you…

CaetanoM5.

·
Registered
80 Posts
CaetanoM5, não te importes com o Inglês. Pq toda a gente te percebe :grinyes:

Have a nice trip back to Luanda ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice collection of vehicles; now we know where all of Portugal's money has gone :):hihihi:

Interesting reading your thoughts on the TurboS PDK, as most reviews seem to rave about how fast and smooth the PDK swaps its cogs.

As to your curiosity on the boxes; I don't think the upcoming F10 M-DCT will be the same as the PDK. AFAIK Porsche build their own gearboxes in conjunction with ZF, while BMW tend to use Getrag for theirs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True..

The cars are in Portugal the Porsche, the 535d and the moto… But My money don´t came any Dollar form Portugal… I work all my life in Angola… I am a Business Man in Angola….

Please don´t think wrong…

My M5 and X5 M and my investments came all from Africa/Angola…

Thank you anyway for the words.

Caetanom5.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice collection of vehicles; now we know where all of Portugal's money has gone :):hihihi:

Interesting reading your thoughts on the TurboS PDK, as most reviews seem to rave about how fast and smooth the PDK swaps its cogs.

As to your curiosity on the boxes; I don't think the upcoming F10 M-DCT will be the same as the PDK. AFAIK Porsche build their own gearboxes in conjunction with ZF, while BMW tend to use Getrag for theirs.
LOL good point, feeling a little upset about that bail out we handed you guys now ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tell us a little more about the 911 Turbo S, your gearbox comparison of the 911 and E60 M5 is interesting.

I'm banking on the PDK to be much quicker - and smoother than our SMG - even in S6

I don't see any reason why the DCT in the new M5 - or M3 for that matter - wouldn't shift as quick or smooth as the Porsche PDK

The only advantage that I can see is that the new Panamera is all wheel drive. So it will beat the new M5 off the line

But with a reported 567 to possibly 600 HP coming from the new M5 -

It will catch the Panamera :cheers:

Let them loose on the Autobahn for a mile -

I bet the F10 ///M5 tops that Porsche every time :cool2:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
You have a VERY nice collection of vehicles! I MUST be doing something wrong?! ?????? Thanks for sharing your pics as well as your thoughts and impressions with us!

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry pal but im going to have to disagree with you... i have both smg and pdk and the pdk is much faster and smoother then the smg...

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry pal but im going to have to disagree with you... i have both smg and pdk and the pdk is much faster and smoother then the smg...

This is what I would've though. I have no personal time behind the wheel of a PDK equipped car, but other DCT's I have experienced have certainly felt both smoother and faster than the single clutch SMG. Maybe it's the ferocity in which the SMG changes gear that Caetanom5 is referring to? It certainly adds to the drama when driving an V10 M5.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts