Discussion Starter #1
2001 M5 w/17k miles
under BMW CPO warranty until 10/27/2006
all the usual features plus
"luxury leather" w/wood trim
NAV-TV tuner
BlitzSafe DSP aux in / changer controller
Alpine 6 disc MP3 changer
XM satellite radio w/SkyFi tuner, mount, and antenna (service not included)BMW phone - CPT7000 digital black Startac CDMA (currently on Verizon, but service not included)
BMW voice command module
Valentine 1 RADAR detector stealth mounted with remote display
K40 front/rear wired in detector (switched off, the V1 works better)
2 Ultimate Cup holders
BMW NOAH car cover

well cared for and "like new"

I also have some stuff I have not yet installed: a used dual-band compensator for the phone, 12v Blaupunkt DVD player w/remote, backup camera.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpiderSense said:
you'll probably do better selling the items seperately.

with that said, i'd like the nav-tv, dvd player, xm...... :)

good luck.
I figured it would start a "part it out" sub-thread :D

I forgot to mention it is titanium silver with black interior. I also have the complete NAV CD set (8 discs) from 2003, which used to be the current maps - and may still be.

Dennis

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alpine MP3 changer is this a plug and play type of changer or the stock one... I have never tried playing MP3s in the stock one...

Info on configuration pls...

B.
02 Sil/Blk Beast...:M5eyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M5ABI said:
Alpine MP3 changer is this a plug and play type of changer or the stock one... I have never tried playing MP3s in the stock one...

Info on configuration pls...
To get aux in for the digital radio for the XM (or ipod, etc) I got the DSP BlitzSafe adapter, so I could no longer use the OEM changer. In addition to the 6 disc Alpine CD changer the BS adapter will support the 6 disc MP3 changer as well - and it was not a whole not more money. It will play CDs or MP3s - I think up to 255 songs per disc. The downside is that the BMW system just shows 1-01 (for disc 1, track 1) and no MP3 tags or titles. No way to navigate except the next and previous track buttons. Also the count in the BMW system stops at 99, so it goes track 01-99 then 01-99 then 01-55 or something like that. Lots of tunes, but if you want to hear a particular song not easy to pull up :1:

With the BS adapter you hit track up then down back to back quiuckly to switch between the aux in and the changer.

Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Alpine fits right into the OEM changer bracket with no mods, so I assume that is who made the OEM.

Dennis

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
doug said:
Really? That sounds low. I would think low 50's with such low mileage.
Pricing on 03s is 55-60, 02s 48-53, 01s 41-46.

Add for the cpo.. 1.5k
Add for mods 1.5k
Add for very low miles 1-2

Ard's blue book.. YMMV. (That chat lingo again)

It is hard to have an older model year overtake the next model year in price- buyers just say I can get an 02 for that price. (Just talking general market thinking.)

Having said this, it all depends on the circumstance that brings buyer and seller together. If the buyer wants those specific upgrades, then they will pay.

You'll do better parting those items out.

How is it you have a cpo? are you not the original owner?

Dennis- good luck on this. Do let us ALL know if you start selling parts (your PM box is filling up as I write, I am sure)... you'll do well on the standard upgrades (plug and play stuff).

Finally, I don't know how you only put 17k miles on that car. I've owned mine 4 months and have 7k on in.

A

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ard said:
Having said this, it all depends on the circumstance that brings buyer and seller together. If the buyer wants those specific upgrades, then they will pay.

You'll do better parting those items out.

How is it you have a cpo? are you not the original owner?

Dennis- good luck on this. Do let us ALL know if you start selling parts (your PM box is filling up as I write, I am sure)... you'll do well on the standard upgrades (plug and play stuff).

Finally, I don't know how you only put 17k miles on that car. I've owned mine 4 months and have 7k on in.

A
Thanks for the reply,

That is around what I was thinking.

I would rather see someone get the car loaded "as is" - I would not have to pull anything out and they would not have to spend time and bucks putting anything back in. I can pull the V1 and remote display out without a problem and the phone will bring several hundred on fleabay and is easy to pull (but leaves the split console, etc).

I got the car in August of 03 with about 9.700 miles on it. The first owner had traded it in for an 03 M5 and then added $35k worth of Dinan mods to his new toy. I had them CPO the trade in and picked it up.

I have a convertible for nice days, a pickup truck for hauling stuff, an AWD wagon for snow or rain days, and 2 motorcycles - so lots of choices of what to drive or ride. It is also only about a 35 mile round trip commute for me on days that I do drive it, less during the summer when the kids are not in school (but then I am usually in/on something else).

Dennis

·
Registered
682 Posts
I can give you actual prices these cars are going for at Manheim Auctions across the country. If you are interested give me a call anytime and I'd be happy to go through it with you. Caesar 309-251-9096.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
madyspop said:
I can give you actual prices these cars are going for at Manheim Auctions across the country. If you are interested give me a call anytime and I'd be happy to go through it with you. Caesar 309-251-9096.
I bet THOSE numbers are lower than I would take for my CPO car :cool:

But I might be interested just to see.

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Information is the key to the deal. Any deal.

By using KBB, Edmunds, Autotrader, Cars.com, BMWCPO lists, Manhiem, etc, etc you can understand the market- and educate the other party in the deal. This info is important for both buyer and seller. equally.

Dennis, you are right that the auction is the lowest price and the biggest unknown. Those cars at auction are there for a reason (for the most part, other than the occasional high line trade in that wont be sold by the bently dealer :) )

A

·
Registered
87 Posts
what color is it?

This will make you sick but the black book says

Average money trade in, ( what most dealer hit you at ) $38,300 + 525 for miles. so $38,825 if you wanted to trad it in on something.

I say keep. If you cant get that for it. There are not to many cars out there for $40K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kerr said:
what color is it?

This will make you sick but the black book says

Average money trade in, ( what most dealer hit you at ) $38,300 + 525 for miles. so $38,825 if you wanted to trad it in on something.

I say keep. If you cant get that for it. There are not to many cars out there for $40K.
I am currently looking for an '01 with your color scheme (Tit./black). If you decide you want to sell it, please email me. Thanks...

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
ard said:
Pricing on 03s is 55-60, 02s 48-53, 01s 41-46.

Add for the cpo.. 1.5k
Add for mods 1.5k
Add for very low miles 1-2

Ard's blue book.. YMMV. (That chat lingo again)

A
Just as an FYI, and an idea of whats going on in the market. My friend just purchased a CPO '02 E39 with 30k on the clock from a local BMW DEALERSHIP. Asking price was $49,900 after negotiations he drove home with it for $44,900. I'm not sure if the snow on the ground in the Northeast had anything to do with the sale price, but it might have helped. Just my 2cents worth

Good luck with selling your '01 I hope you get what your looking for $$$. :byebye:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
Just as an FYI, and an idea of whats going on in the market. My friend just purchased a CPO '02 E39 with 30k on the clock from a local BMW DEALERSHIP. Asking price was $49,900 after negotiations he drove home with it for $44,900. I'm not sure if the snow on the ground in the Northeast had anything to do with the sale price, but it might have helped. Just my 2cents worth

Good luck with selling your '01 I hope you get what your looking for $$$. :byebye:
Clean carfax? Clean BMW Service history? Clean INDEPENDENT INSPECTION?

That's a crazy good price... almost too good to be true.

Then again, maybe they lowballed someone on a trade and just wanted a quick flip...

A

1 - 20 of 30 Posts