BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my shifter emblem looked gross and finally just popped off. from the research i have done, it does not look like one can simply just buy the oval shifter badge for the illuminated shifter without spending 300bucks for the entire knob. Therefore, i took the plastic piece, dissolved off the remains of the image till i was left with a clear disc. Now i am going to pull in the art work into photo shop, knock out the parts that i want light come thru and then print on a thin clear plastic sheet which i will use a heat gun and glue to apply to the disc.

I was wondering if by any chance someone could take a high resolution close up photo of your shifter with no glare and send it to me so I can create my own emblem. If anyone else wants a new emblem ill be more than happy to send you one.

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would appreciate receiving a piece. I have been looking for one for a long time now. Tell me the cost. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
An F10 M5 shifter can be had for $140 and that comes with the proper shift pattern and you get a new knob, or you can buy just the insert and use your current shift knob for $170 from leatherz. Or you can get something a little different for around $40 (I like the one with with the diagonal M strips across the top left myself) see here LeatherZ: OEM Shift Pattern Insert

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing the results of your efforts and perhaps get one. Please post some pics of the process.

I for one don't see the solution to every problem as my checkbook and like to see other creative DIY's an learn a thing or two. At some point, parts like this are not going to be available and we'll be on our own to come up with solutions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts