BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an 07 6 speed and learned, to my chagrin, that MDM was the only option (I had an 06 SMG).

However, I read on this board that I can have my software updated to fix this. I "did" this today at my dealership, and they charged me. However, I cannot figure out how to turn it off??? It is not a setting in M Drive, and the MDM button does not disable it, even if I hold it down, press it a million times, etc. Is there a way to do this that I do not know?? Please say yes. Is there a DSC light that shows up on the dash, like the SMG variants?

So, adding to my suspicions that no update was indeed done, all my SAT radio presets are still set to my settings. I will note, however, that my seat memory was not set to my settings anymore.

How can I check the version of software that I have? Is it possible that something else needs to be updated?

Anybody that can help me understand, I would appreciate it!!! :dunno:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You Hold the MDM button down for about 3-4 secs. If the DSC disable symbol does not light up in the cluster and the I Drive does not state the DSC Disabled warning in the lower left corner, They did not do it correctly. I just had mine done 2 weeks ago and it works fine.

Reactions: unfoundhorsepower

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i HATE leaving my car there all day for nothing. SO annoying. PLUS $230! AND I had to drive the only rental available: a minivan!

·
Registered
267 Posts
i HATE leaving my car there all day for nothing. SO annoying. PLUS $230! AND I had to drive the only rental available: a minivan!
I am gonna tick you off even more. If you still have time left on the 4 yr 50K mile new car warranty it was supposed to be done for free.
My warranty expires on 2/10/11 that is why I had it done before it expired.

·
Registered
267 Posts
warranty just expired a month ago. i am getting an aftermarket warranty... but that wouldnt cover it.

oh well.
Okay. But you paid for it so they need to do it right. And a word of advice for the future, ALWAYS check any shops work BEFORE you leave their premises. I don't care if they get "offended" that you check on their work. A reputable shop understands that time is money and wanting to have things done correctly the FIRST time.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trust me. i understand. i picked up the car after hours tonight. have already emailed my service rep, who has worked on 6 or 7 of my previous cars. it may be partially my fault, since i just said update the software. i sent him the service bulletin and ill try to make him do that for free. i did tell him why i was doing it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
trust me. i understand. i picked up the car after hours tonight. have already emailed my service rep, who has worked on 6 or 7 of my previous cars. it may be partially my fault, since i just said update the software. i sent him the service bulletin and ill try to make him do that for free. i did tell him why i was doing it.
Okay. I was going to suggest printing out the service bulletin. Since you are just out of warranty you may be able to get it done on "good will"
Good luck. It is nice to have the abilty to disable the DSC. I needed it to be able to move the car when it snows. Can't start moving car with DSC on.
Plus a smoky burnout or two is nice every once in a while . LOL :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts