BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was shopping I collected a lot of VINs and history.... should this info be divulged?

What if it is on a car that someone has subsequently bought?

What if it is a member whom is selling?

Comments?...

A

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is completely up to you to do whatever you want...

All VIN collected and vehicle history are public records and can be obtained from CarFax. It is up to each individual to go out and obtain this public information to protect themselves from buying a lemon. If one failed to do so then obviously he/she does not care about what they are buying.

From a moral stand point, you can do whatever you feel that is right. It is not illegal to share public information and facts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Please do :). If you need somewhere to host it, let me know (or, to be honest, I'm sure Gustav would be glad to do so). I'm in the market ;).

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
When I was shopping I collected a lot of VINs and history.... should this info be divulged?

What if it is on a car that someone has subsequently bought?

What if it is a member whom is selling?

Comments?...

A
You should post it in the "Bad VIN's" thread.

Use an appropriate title if it isn't an "avoid at all costs" VIN...

d-

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I would hope that if a member posted a question on a car where you, or any other member, had some specific or unique knowledge of said car, that you would post an unbiased and objective response to help that member.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you were interested in purchasing a vehicle, wouldn't you want someone to tell you if they knew the car had a damaged history. The seller may not like it, but the buyer would probably kiss you. If the seller isn't disclosing this information when selling, he/she is already being dishonest. 1990 Honda accord with damage history is a little different than 2002 M5 with damage history(hypothetical situation).:nono:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I am currently looking, and would like to have information like that.

You would hope the seller would disclose that kind of information to the buyer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think the majority of people here would appreciate any info on a potentially undesirable car.

One thing is the previous owner not disclosing accident history/mechanical issues, etc., however quite a few of these cars may end up being sold by dealerships as trade ins, auction cars, etc. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
One of the services this board provides is shared information about vehicles - postive or negative. No ethical dilemma at all. The information is publicly accessible and should be shared if available. In this hypothetical, both buyer and seller beware...

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts