BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Hmmm I've seen stock lights on E39s a couple of times and they looked nowhere near as bright as those pictures, so I wonder what the "hyper" ones look like in real life. Damn you photography and your exposure treachery!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do the other side in the morning, bit dark now ! and Diny i was surprised too, but in real life the stock ones are very dull and unnoticeable but the "hyper" ones are very intense and i'm pleased considering how inexpensive they were

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Will do the other side in the morning, bit dark now ! and Diny i was surprised too, but in real life the stock ones are very dull and unnoticeable but the "hyper" ones are very intense and i'm pleased considering how inexpensive they were
Oh, I don't doubt that you're happy with them. I'm sure that if they were just as bright but "hyper white" instead of the amber, you wouldn't have been satisfied.

I was just pointing out the frustrating effect that exposure has on showcasing real-life lighting :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Owning cars with both types of Angel eyes, I gotta say the hyperwhites are a whole heck of alot brighter than the stock ones. I love driving with only them on during the twilight times when you've only got your lights on for other cars to see you, not really for your own need of light. Plus the hyperwhites look a lot better on certain color cars, like the Lemans blue of the OP or in my case Avus blue. However, my hyperwhites are on an e36 which obviously didn't have stock angel eyes, so i don't think I'd ever replace the stock ones on the e39 since e39's where the first to have angel eyes and something about them being the original make me just not want to touch'em.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got mine from ebay and had no problems. When one of my standard angel bulbs failed I took the opportunity to go white. I liked the standard angels on their own but when the xenons came on the colour difference didn't do it for me. Now the angels are a bit whiter than the xenons but the match is much better. I love the white angels so much I pretty much drive with them on all the time!
No codes and no pulsing as some have reported with LED kits.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The original bulb for the halo's are just too dull and at $ 50 i'm very pleased with how bright they are! Also there are no error codes, and it's just simply changing bulbs. And agreed the color difference with the original didn't go well, now time to do the fog lights :lightbulb: for the DJ auto lights i would suspect it to fit

·
Registered
119 Posts
Crap....I sense another mod coming on...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Seems to me they look like the "Natural light" bulbs

You can get for your home lights. They are blue coated when off but quite white when on.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Your new AE looks great. I am contemplating to do the same upgrade. However, from searching in this forum, I see other threads referring to Umnitza AE, m•nitza | 925 • 521 • 0577 BMW Angel Eyes | Lexus Angel Eyes | Nissan Daylight Demon Eyes Angel Eyes | Auto Parts or Weis****ch, WeissLicht Ultra-Bright LED Angel Eye Upgrade for BMW - JleviSW at a much higher price ($129 and $149 respectively). Do you know what is the difference between the one you provided from ebay and the one from Umnitza/WL?

·
Registered
430 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts