BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hurricane--The New Orleans ports are shut down and the over flow of imported materials will be re-directed to others like Charleston,SC-New York ect... where BMW cars will be coming in. Even thow my car will be coming in Charleston, this overflow might delay customs from getting at it as quickly as they have in the past due to all the extra work. I am counting on a Mid October delivery as my car is due to a Sept. 6th production start. I hope I am wrong.

FLOYD

PS- I remember when a hole ship sank with BMW's on it in New Orleans a couple years back before they started building the x5's here.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
not to flame, but, please really, do you see what is going on down there? I think that the delivery of your car should be the last thing on your mind when you see the devistation that has taken place in the region. There may be thousands dead just in New Orleans. Be lucky that we can look on from a distance...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have helped 3 unknown families move already, was out till 11:30 pm moving them in to a temp rental, as I am in real estate here in FL. I have donated all of my commissions of the rentals back to the families ,so yes, I am well aware of what is going on in New Orleans. But, thank you for your thoughts as people should know what is going on there.

But people will ask when are they getting their car? I am telling them why there might be a delay. Oh, and I still want my car ASAP.
m5floyd

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would agree with M5floyd - it is a reasonable question to ask.

·
Registered
198 Posts
vndkshn said:
Guys, the cars will probably land in NJ or SC, depending on your location.
my dealer tells me for washington dc and metro residents cars will arrive in baltimore;infact I will be picking mine uo from the port

·
Registered
331 Posts
m630 said:
not to flame, but, please really, do you see what is going on down there? I think that the delivery of your car should be the last thing on your mind when you see the devistation that has taken place in the region. There may be thousands dead just in New Orleans. Be lucky that we can look on from a distance...

New Orleans, LA, USA is not the only place on Earth that has experienced some catastrophic event...even as I type this! theres always groups of people suffering in this world- and as sad and horrid as the suffering is, it doesnt mean we have to stop being personally excited about our cars..nor is it a crime to ponder the hurricane's effect on U.S. deliveries. If BMW had to stop selling cars everytime someone suffered on Earth, BMW wouldnt exist.

Feel bad for those suffering, do what you can to help, but dont lambast someone for asking a legitimate question. My 2 cents. :nono:

·
Registered
703 Posts
freddydi said:
New Orleans, LA, USA is not the only place on Earth that has experienced some catastrophic event...even as I type this! theres always groups of people suffering in this world- and as sad and horrid as the suffering is, it doesnt mean we have to stop being personally excited about our cars..nor is it a crime to ponder the hurricane's effect on U.S. deliveries. If BMW had to stop selling cars everytime someone suffered on Earth, BMW wouldnt exist.

Feel bad for those suffering, do what you can to help, but dont lambast someone for asking a legitimate question. My 2 cents. :nono:
+1

·
Registered
928 Posts
freddydi said:

So, are you helping or feeling bad for those suffering?
...nothing personal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts