BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already been having an H2 for 1 year and I must say I am very happy with the car!(besides fuel economy) Unfortunately I havent driven any other SUVs (only Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 which I still have). I would like to see your opinions about this car compared to other SUVs such as Range Rover, Mercedes G, etc. Do you think an H2 is equal to the competition?
Tommorow I will take some photos of my H2, but I am sure everybody knows H2.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
A real bargain in the USA but not really suited for British roads & fuel prices :sad1:

The X5 and Cayenne are much better but it's your money and your choice.

:cheers:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about Cayenne, but its too ugly....I wanted to have real SUV, not just something higway-offroad like Cayenne. X5 isnt SUV, it pretends its SUV, but its not

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ashok Arora said:
OMG! Real off-roader? Hummer H2 isnt real off-roader?:eek:
Range Rover or LL Discovery will NEVER EVER beat an H2 in off-road performance! http://www.elcova.com/h2/videos.html
You will see that Range or Discovery will never beat an H2!

·
2,492 Posts
The only thing I do not like about the H2 is the gas mileage. That and most H2 drivers are soccer mom wenches or posers.

I will give the H2 credit for off-road ability. I have seen them run off-road in Colorado, while not the most graceful of machines, it certainly can do a lot. One issue it has is its weight (cause of bad gas mileage) and where it's center of gravity is. It is based on the Yukon/Tahoe chassis. I do not know of the developments they have made to this for the H2. The H2 is NOT suitable for many of the more technical mountain passes, where it's size, center of gravity, and lack of finesse would definetly stumble it up. However, Im sure people have tried to tackle these passes anyways.

·
2,492 Posts
Gustav said:
There are a few in Stockholm as well. I think it is a really strange car to get here, and if I had to be forced to buy a really godo off road vehicle, I would ge ta G55 AMG Kompressor:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50928

Hahahahah, maybe for light-off road, dirt roads and light mudding, but not for any serious off-roading. Taking a USD$100,000 car and bending some metal on it, which happens all the time with off-roading, doesnt seem like much of a good thing to me. Its got all the right stuff, but the G500 or lesser G-series are better for such things.

G55 has just too much power and is WAY too fast to even want me to try that out on some of Colorado's mountain passes like Black Bear or Engineer Pass.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let's see.......not as much interior room as a Yukon....horrible gas milege...doesn't fit in some parking spaces......looks like a stagecoach, especially when posers put on those big chrome spoke wheels. Gee, who wouldn't want one these babies????

Get an x5, a Cayenne or the new Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Hemi and stop the foolishness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts