BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll get right to it. The gas mileage was horrible. 20 mpg was the best I can achieve. How can our government make roads like this and not expect us to speed? I think I hit 185mph before I didn't feel safe going faster. If I ever get a ticket on this road, my defense will be entrapment. btw, on any highways, if I ever speed again, I would recommend driving a few miles, make sure roads are flat, turn back, and try to floor-to-the-metal once you feel comfortable with the road and surroundings on the way back. these AZ roads would stay flat like glass for miles and suddenly become bumpy for some time. It would be quite dangerous to hit that bumpy patch if you're going above 150mph. and I would also make sure you have cell reception when you do this just in case!

As for the car, no issues really.. it was little disappointing in some masochistic way lol. but why would you expect anything less from s85 with extra-clearanced bearings lol?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Preach on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,487 Posts
Some amazing roads in AZ, one of my favorites is cutting off I40 at Holbrook, S on AZ 77 to 377 (or 277) then through Payson onto Fountain Hills/Scottsdale.

I never speed in the Navajo Nation though, dont care what equipment or what reasons or excuses no thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks. yea I think if I had stock width front tires, I could've gone a little faster. I'm on r888's, and ever since i put it on, the car is twitchier in high speeds. it's almost worn down now, so i'll try to keep the width the same as stock for my next set.

yep, one of the road was 77 and the other was through navaho nation. i hit 185 in navaho nation though. after having done it and after adrenaline wears off, you start to wonder what if i lost control and got into an accident? there's no cell reception and nobody around for miles and miles. even if someone saw you, i suspect it'll take at least an hour before helicopter can extract you out. i didn't see any law enforcement for at least 100miles though!

·
Registered
846 Posts
haha thanks. yea I think if I had stock width front tires, I could've gone a little faster. I'm on r888's, and ever since i put it on, the car is twitchier in high speeds. it's almost worn down now, so i'll try to keep the width the same as stock for my next set.

yep, one of the road was 77 and the other was through navaho nation. i hit 185 in navaho nation though. after having done it and after adrenaline wears off, you start to wonder what if i lost control and got into an accident? there's no cell reception and nobody around for miles and miles. even if someone saw you, i suspect it'll take at least an hour before helicopter can extract you out. i didn't see any law enforcement for at least 100miles though!
Well you'd be dead; doing triple digits without a cage/harness/helmet is just stupid imo. Take a look at how texas mile cars are set up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you'd be dead; doing triple digits without a cage/harness/helmet is just stupid imo. Take a look at how texas mile cars are set up.
well u are correct. no argument there.

however if i had my health in mind..., i wouldn't have brought e60 m5 for the journey. it's about living at times, often at peril. but your point is well taken.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How on earth did you get 20 mpg....I can never get more than 13 even driving conservatively.

·
Registered
140 Posts
How on earth did you get 20 mpg....I can never get more than 13 even driving conservatively.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Isn't the top speed limited to 155mph?

·
2,487 Posts

That and I wouldnt want to have an issue with the Navajo Nation Police, possibly be arrested, jailed and have to appear in one of their district courts :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Any tune will remove that, If you have Kess or galleto or know someone local that does, the locations are already in the comprehensive tuning thread.

Side note I was thinking of playing with lean cruise to see what I can get mpg wise, problem is I don't have the discipline to actually not push the car enough to gather some data.

·
2,487 Posts

That and I wouldnt want to have an issue with the Navajo Nation Police, possibly be arrested, jailed and have to appear in one of their district courts :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

Not that I would recommend anyone should exceed the speed limit... but...

You can either have the top speed limiter coded off or, you can just stay in 6th gear and wind it out.

If memory serves me correctly I don't think the speed limiter engages until 7th gear.

As well you can also have your rev limiter raised via coding.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

You can either have the top speed limiter coded off or, you can just stay in 6th gear and wind it out.

If memory serves me correctly I don't think the speed limiter engages until 7th gear.

I know. My comment was tongue in cheek, really. Its not safe, and idiotic in general to drive 185 mph on public roads.

·
Registered
207 Posts

The limiter in M mode in 6th is higher than the standard 155 in 7th... but it's still limited to < max revs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts