BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on a spirited canyon drive and at one point I heard like a bang, sounds like I hit a rock or that something fell in the dash. Later on in the drive I was in the Apex of a turn and lost count if I was in 2nd or 3rd gear, I looked for the HUD but it was gone!

Anything like that happen before, taking it to the dealer soon, maybe after thanksgiving!

There is also a buzzing noise coming from the HUD when I accelerate past 3000 rpm!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/165450-hud-malfunctioning.html

and I wasn't wearing sunglasses, this was at night and I think its gone for good, lol

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
who will admit to that??

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hahaha, I was dropping mine off at the dealer once....and I said, "oh yeah, and my hud isn't working either"....he walked over pressed the button and said, "all fixed"...yeah, I felt a little stupid.

Reactions: khyber

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was the button, thanks everyone!

Disappointed in myself, lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess it is bound to happen with a car that has SO many buttons:) Can't wait to get mine and try them all:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
534 Posts
It was the button, thanks everyone!

Disappointed in myself, lol
Way to man up and admit it!

I have never turned that switch off since like the first month or so I owned the Beast, so I could see myself in the same position....maybe just dodged a bullet there....thanks! :byebye:

Reactions: khyber

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yep! I adid the samerhimg by mistake once. Now i know what button is for.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i had the same today trying to turn on fog lights and pushed 2 buttons while driving ! i was so worried about HUD and how much it will costs me to replace it until i read this thread lol i love m6board.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts