BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that my HUD was not on when driving tonight. Is it even possible to have the HUD turn off? It was my assumption that the HUD is always on when the car is on.

The only mod I have right now on the car is the sprint booster. Is there any way that might have caused any problems with the HUD? My guess is no. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just noticed that my HUD was not on when driving tonight. Is it even possible to have the HUD turn off? It was my assumption that the HUD is always on when the car is on.

The only mod I have right now on the car is the sprint booster. Is there any way that might have caused any problems with the HUD? My guess is no. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
yes it an be turned off there is a button near you knob for the head lights its shows a shiloutte of the car with spaced lines and an I projected up ahead...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Don't feel bad. A fellow member actually brought his car in for service just to have the HUD fixed when it was simply turned off -- and that was AFTER we told him to check the switch!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
When I picked my car up, it was not on, so I asked the guy showing me the car why, we ended up looking in the manual.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
When I picked my car up, it was not on, so I asked the guy showing me the car why, we ended up looking in the manual.

The manual is your friend!!!! I would read the whole thing cover to cover a few times.

Robert cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
bwahaha Noob.......:byee55amg

what you should do is just sit in your car and play with all the buttons in there....or read the manual....thats the only way to know:thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well thing is that I have played with that button and forgot what it did...honestly was too lazy to get the manual back out..and yes I did read it, but obviously forgot some things.

Problem is that with my asian self, I can 't see the HUD anyways unless i prop myself all the way up, so I really didn't know I was turning that thing on and off b/c I couldn't see it lol.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
well thing is that I have played with that button and forgot what it did...honestly was too lazy to get the manual back out..and yes I did read it, but obviously forgot some things.

Problem is that with my asian self, I can 't see the HUD anyways unless i prop myself all the way up, so I really didn't know I was turning that thing on and off b/c I couldn't see it lol.

ya its set low on purpose.....if you search there is a way to pop up the HUD display a bit higher.....tutorial on here somewhere

·
Registered
915 Posts
just go to the dealer and tell them to raise it. its free. :hihi:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts