BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having issues last august with the HUD sometimes working and sometimes not, the car went in to BMW and they fitted a new HUD unit under BMW used car approved warranty.

Over the last few months I began to get the same problem again so the car went back to my dealer on Monday, They couldn't find any faults stored and could not reproduce the fault to begin with and wanted me to have the car back until it failed!, anyway after a bit of ranting they tested it over a couple of days, leaving the car car out it the sun and finally it stopped working!
The HUD unit has been diagnosed as faulty again and I am currently waiting for it to be replaced under my BMW insured warranty.

The only sting in the tail is that now I have to pay the excess charge on my BMW insured warranty because apparently it's not covered under parts warranty because last time it was replaced under the 12 month approved used car warranty I got when I purchased the car! I was told BMW don't give warranty on warranty......yes I'm confused too!

Anyway it's starting to look like the HUD units are becoming an issue, well at least for me anyway...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

T

·
0 Posts
We sell these for $100 if you need one. I have never heard a complaint from any of ours that we sell and that is over 70-qty of them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So your dealer doesn't honor their work? Sad...

My dealer is two years from date of repair, warranty or no warranty. I would find a new dealer/Indy and let them know your shopping for a future repair shop due to unwillingness to honor past work that should not be an issue already.

Good luck...

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts