BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

HRE Monobloks for BMW, with pictures!

5K views 49 replies 25 participants last post by  MPower82 
#1 ·
I posted the pics in the GB section too. Here they are! First ones are P41, and second are the P40 obviously. This is their newest finish, satin charcoal.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
These wheels are just sick imo.
Ok, where are all the photoshop experts? I want to see these wheels on a Silverstone M5!! Need Silverstone pictures??--PM me...I will send you any angle you want:)

Oh, and I am willing to pay for any PS with a click of the forum 'Thanks' button:haha2:

Reactions: Terrence
#29 ·
I believe you can use the OEM center caps. Kevin listed the sizes, 19 and 20 inch both use 9" front width and 10.5" rear width. I dont even have the offsets yet for these, and generally HRE doesnt like us to give them out. Wheels are only aluminum alloy, no magnesium alloy.

$5620 for 19" and $6000 for 20". 20" are only available for now, but 19" soon and 21" isnt decided on yet.

#7 ·
Here is some more information

1 PIECE FORGED 6061-T6 ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION
FACTORY TPMS INSTALLS DIRECTLY
OPTION TO CUT FOR FACTORY CAP
ENGINEERED FOR PERFECT FITMENT
DESIGNED WITH FEA OPTIMIZING
STRENGTH AND WEIGHT
HUBCENTRIC
Sizes are:
19 X 9 & 19 X 10.5
20 X 9 & 20 X 10.5

#9 ·
Those wheels are gorgeous and to me they are well built but some say I don't know sh*t.
The textured finish I've seen in person and it is perfect.

Cheers, M5Ranger

#16 ·
You 'da man Kevin....and as promised I held true to my 'payment'.

Ryan

#22 ·
Totally agree! I think the brushed or silver is the 'safe' choice on SS. But I'm not about being a safety guy all the time (hence 3 children).
I think the satin charcoal HRE 40 might just be my new wheels....

Ryan

#19 ·
Man those wheels look hot on the silverstone!!

Great job Kevin, you are the man.

See you soon at the shop. Ben back on Monday?

M5Ranger...Juan

#23 ·
Kevin unfortunately work gets in the way of fun. I'm on call and have to head into the hospital tomorrow :grrrrr:.

So you next week.

Juan

#27 · (Edited)
Wont HRE call these B40's and so forth? The P stands for the Porsche fitment and the M stands for the Benz fitment. As for the wheels, I have a set and they are amazing, great HRE quality and very lightweight in the Porsche set up. My fronts are about 21 lbs and rears are in the high 24's I believe.

As for the weights, I wonder where they will be with BMW. I spoke with Guy Atherton at HRE and he told me that the Benz fitments are heavier/stronger because Benz drivers tend to have more issues with potholes, curbs, etc. He said the Benz wheel is more geared for dealer sales where most of the clients are a little less careful, hence the more durable heavyweight wheel. The 20 inch M40 for the CLK Black Series weighs in right at 30 lbs or so.

Attachments

#32 ·
"P40" means "Porsche 40" These wheels will likely be called the "B40" as the mercedes version is called the "M40"

#33 ·
Whatever they mean P/M/B40's are siiiiick! I love those wheels, they look amazing!

#37 ·
+1 No kidding. I had to call my wife over to look at it. Hahaha. :7:

#39 ·
I currently have a set on my Audi RS4 (19"X9.5" all around). They weigh 22 lbs.
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/AudiRS4AndTheGang

http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/RS4030108
I also have a set coming for the M5 in gunmetal finish. The textured finish is awesome. I like it the best with that coarse look and feel.

I also know that for the 997GT3 the fronts in 19"x 9" are 21 lbs. and the rears in 19"x12" are 25 lbs.
So they are well below 30 lbs. They are a beautiful display of a one piece wheel.
The no lip look I believe becoming more popular. IMO it has more of an OEM look.

Cheers, M5Ranger...Juan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.