BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Mono's are my current favorite wheel. I have them on my 997. From my research with HRE- they are much lighter for the P cars than they are for the Mercedes units. According to HRE the Mercedes drivers dont take as good care of their wheels so they made them stronger in the event of customers hitting curbs, potholes, etc. The same wheel on my P car weighs (21 front and 24 rears) in around 30 lbs on the Benz. I wonder what weights the Bimmers get??

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Vic are you gonna change out your current HRE's on your M6 for the Monoblocs???

·
Registered
386 Posts
Vic are you gonna change out your current HRE's on your M6 for the Monoblocs???
Nah, I already got a set on the Pcar so I am good with the 897's plus I want one car with a nice fat lip. Also the 897's are pretty light with the 9 series forging.

Maybe in a year or so when I get bored. :) I need to keep the 897's to show off my brakes:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Damn... sweet looking setup you got there man!!!

Nah, I already got a set on the Pcar so I am good with the 897's plus I want one car with a nice fat lip. Also the 897's are pretty light with the 9 series forging.

Maybe in a year or so when I get bored. :) I need to keep the 897's to show off my brakes:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Agreed....love the lip on the 897's...and yes the M decal is sweet (where did you get those again???)

Do any of the HRE monoblocs have lips?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Agreed....love the lip on the 897's...and yes the M decal is sweet (where did you get those again???)

Do any of the HRE monoblocs have lips?

I had the work and decal done at Harbor Motorsports in Santa Ana. PM for more info.

The Mono's are a concave wheel with no lip.

·
Registered
547 Posts
These wheels are hot,but I still like the Neez QD7's monobloks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts