BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got tired of people not knowing howto upload pictures to this site, use external limited hosting which gets blocked because of exceeded bandwidth. I thought the best thing I can do about it is write a guide how you can upload pictures.

Ironicly I don't have access to public hosting so I had to use imageshack.us to host the pictures in this guide. Yeah I know, I know will talk to gustav to get the pics on this site.

Okay here it goes.

There are two ways to upload pictures to M5Board.com. The first is as an attachment to a post and the second is to your personal gallery (which you get free of charge with your membership).

if you quickly want to share something with other members or have a picture which will contribute to a thread then attaching it to a post is your best option.

If you have pictures of your own car which you want catalogued on this site for eternity then uploading them to your personal gallery is your best option. Remember pictures which are uploaded to your personal gallery have to be approved by a moderator first so it might take a while before they show up.

1. Attaching to a post
When you're posting a new thread or replying to a thread then there's an option to attach files to that post. Many people do not see this option because you have to scroll down.

Click on the "Manage Attachments" button.

When you click on that button this window will pop-up, your popup blocker might block it.

As you can see you are allowed to upload 10 files at once. Click on the "Browse" button next to any of the empty boxes and you will get the Windows filebrowser. Browse to the file you want to upload and select "Open".

Once you select the files you want then the path of that file will show up in the empty boxes. Click on the "Upload" button to upload the files.

Once the files are uploaded the filenames will showup at the bottom of the window. Click on the "Close this window" button to close the window. You can now continue typing your post as ussual and once you click the "Submit New Thread" button the images will be attached to your post.

2. Uploading to your personal gallery
Uploading pictures to your personal gallery is basicly. The only thing you need todo is browse to this page and you will see this.

1. Select the appropriate category
2. Just like when you're attaching pictures, click on browse and select the file you want.
3. Click on "Upload/Submit"

Once you've done this you will end up on this page where you need to enter titles, descriptions and keywords for all the files you uploaded.

Do so, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Process files" button to finish.

Remember that pictures in your personal gallery need to be approved by an moderator first before they show up.

Now don't use external hosting anymore, unless it's your own and you're garantueed of good bandwidth.

Happy posting and uploading,
Mike

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Very useful Mike, thanks. Navigating through this complex site can be, to put it mildly, a bit confusing at times. I tried a number of times to figure out how to post pix and simply gave up.

Cheers,

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Oh, not good. can you please give me some directions to make it easier? Im glad the instructions above helped.

Regards Gustav

wilsodh said:
Very useful Mike, thanks. Navigating through this complex site can be, to put it mildly, a bit confusing at times. I tried a number of times to figure out how to post pix and simply gave up.

Cheers,

·
Registered
324 Posts
I tried for two hours last night to get my pictures(in view my car)and thair still waiting to be cencored/veiwed and no matter what I did with the other thing you said It wouldnt come on:crying: :crying: grrrrrrr grrrrrrr :sad3: :sad3: now it could just be me cause Im thik but it would be nice if it wasnt me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts