BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was loaded on the ship on the 2nd - how long?

According to the BMW - my car was loaded on the ship on the 2nd. How long to Maryland?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: So my car was loaded on the ship on the 2nd - how long?

M Power said:
And, here is the crunch question.. do you have their website so we can track it ..?
You can enter your VIN on this site to see which ship you car is on (assuming it's a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship):
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto

If you want to drive yourself crazy :biggrin: you can track where the ship is on these sites:
http://sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html
http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

·
Registered
352 Posts
For those of you waiting for your M5, or will be waiting, I know how I wanted to know when my M5 would be delivered so here's my M5's time-line:

10/21, 150 - Production started, est. completion 11/03

10/27, 151 - Enter body shop, est. completion 11/03

10/28, 152 - In paint shop

10/31, 153 - Enter assembly, 154 - Assembly, 155 - Assembly finish/quality check, 160 - Handover to sales

11/01, 180 - Dispatched from factory, waiting transport to port

11/02, 190 - Transport to port

11/03, 193 - Arrived at port

11/07, 195 - Shipped from port, W&W JINGU MARU (JPPT), EX511-JGM

11/18, 196 - Shipment arrival NY/NJ port, discharged @ 19.00 (EST)

11/28, Clear VPC (note, looks like the VPC/port was closed down down from 11/23 - 11/26 for Thanksgiving, dealer had expected it to arrive on 11/23)

11/29, Arrive dealer

11/29, Available for pickup

12/02, Picked up by DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers)

12/12, Scheduled to arrive San Francisco Bay Area

Your salesperson can give you the production number then up through the loading onto a ship the BMW/NA customer service (800-831-1117) person was the best way to get status, the automated system was up to a day out of date, the owner's circle was 2-5 days out of date but did give the VIN after it was in production for a couple of days.

Once on a ship the shipping company's website (in my case W&W http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/searchCargo.do?trackType=Auto enter your VIN for "cargo id") is best.

Then once discharged from the ship your salesperson can give you VPC status, released to carrier, scheduled for arrival at dealer, available for pickup.

Soon to be driving my M5 !!!
Brutus

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: My M5's time-line

jfenley said:
BRUTUS - I also tried tracking through Wallenius Wilhelmsen with the VIN and I get a "No Tracking Information is Available for the Cargo You Entered" message. I also tried using the production #. Do you enter the entire VIN or do you omit any of the characters?
The whole VIN, but it only works for W&W ships. Note, it did take almost 2 days after BWM said my M5 was loaded on the ship and W&W said the ship left port until it showed up on the query page.

Brutus

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: My M5's time-line/So my car was loaded on the ship on the 2nd - how long?

Regarding BMW online order tracking, it seems to be about 1 day behind. I was told yesterday that the ship came in in the afternoon. Tonight at about 8:30pm, the BMW website was updated with "At VPC"

·
Registered
17 Posts
BREMERHAVENGERMANY22/11/200523/11/2005
GOTHENBURG
SWEDEN25/11/200526/11/2005

ZEEBRUGGE

BELGIUM27/11/200528/11/2005

SOUTHAMPTON

UNITED KINGDOM29/11/200530/11/2005

HALIFAX, NS

CANADA08/12/200508/12/2005

NEW YORK, NY

U.S.A.10/12/200511/12/2005

BALTIMORE, MD

U.S.A.12/12/200512/12/2005

BRUNSWICK, GA

U.S.A.14/12/200514/12/2005

I don't why they ship my M5 to GA, my dealer is NJ, any idea??????????????

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Well, after all of the waiting - through ordering, production, on the ship, at the VPC - tracking the status every 20 minutes - small change of plans.

My Silverstone/Black/Alum (HUD, Comfort Access, Fold Down Seats, Sirius - MSRP $84,865) car arrived at the VPC on Tuesday. It has cleared inspection, etc. However, my dealer refuses to send a truck to pick it up and they are now telling me 1-2 weeks to take delivery. All this and I was paying +$5k over sticker!!!! Needless to say, I am p**sed at the response from my dealer and I find it unacceptable - luckily, they didn't require me to put down a deposit, so I told them to keep their stinkin' car.

I just bought another car and they are sending it to me on a flatbed tonight!! I ended up paying STICKER (Thank you Riverside BMW!!) and getting some extra options. So, the new car is Silverstone/Silverstone Perf/Alum. with multi-funciton seats, ventilated seats, comfort access, sunshade, HUD & sirius. So, I lose out on my black leather and fold down rear seats, which I really wanted, but I gain full leather, multi and vented seats and sunshade. The final price comes out to just $1300 more - so instead of paying $5k markup, the money is going towards options. Not a bad deal.

Pictures coming soon...

·
Registered
333 Posts
davidluc said:
BREMERHAVENGERMANY22/11/200523/11/2005
GOTHENBURG
SWEDEN25/11/200526/11/2005

ZEEBRUGGE

BELGIUM27/11/200528/11/2005

SOUTHAMPTON

UNITED KINGDOM29/11/200530/11/2005

HALIFAX, NS

CANADA08/12/200508/12/2005

NEW YORK, NY

U.S.A.10/12/200511/12/2005

BALTIMORE, MD

U.S.A.12/12/200512/12/2005

BRUNSWICK, GA

U.S.A.14/12/200514/12/2005

I don't why they ship my M5 to GA, my dealer is NJ, any idea??????????????
are you on the grand choice too ? looks like my itinery. I think you will find that your car will get of at NY. At least I believe mine is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My car has been completed and sent to the port of exit. The guy that I spoke to at the BMW customer service said that they cannot tell which vessel the car will be loaded on to. How do you get this information?

·
Registered
333 Posts
golfnut said:
My car has been completed and sent to the port of exit. The guy that I spoke to at the BMW customer service said that they cannot tell which vessel the car will be loaded on to. How do you get this information?

bmw customer service cannot. once it shipped it goes of their radar. You dealer can though - they have a system to go in that tracks their allocations etc.. and whats happening to the shipment.

·
Registered
333 Posts
golfnut said:

Mine is this http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/vesselSearch.do vessel name is grand choice. I would have you dealer bring the details up - they should know what to do.

They are also making mods at the VPC to do with the vanos oil lines I believe. This may delay receipt of your car a bit. I will post as I find out stuff relating to this.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Sorry, just picked up this thread again.

Here is the list of the status codes. You can get them from your dealer - the one you ordered the car through or if you purchased the vehicle from a dealer in the US, you can put your order information/VIN in to the BMW USA Owner's Circle site and track from there...there is also an 800 number I understand. You can search to find it. Wait..I found more info:

There are three ways to track your car through the build and delivery process. They are:

1) Your dealer. Tthey have the most up-to-date information. Others sources can be at least a few days to 1 week behind.
2) BMW Owner's Circle (http://oc.bmwusa.com). Again, not completely up to date. Some have reported that Owner's Circle said their car was still on the boat when the dealer called the customer saying their new E60 was ready for pickup.
3) BMW North America at 800-831-1117. There is an IVR system where you punch in your car's production number VIN number and you get a recorded status announcement. Again, not as up-to-date as your dealer but usually more up-to-date than Owners Circle

One really cool tracking aid is the shipping company's web site. In many cases, you key in your new car's VIN number and the site will tell you what boat it's on and their current location and schedule information. Once it's reasonably close to the US, a Coast Guard website can show you a picture of exactly where your boat is and give the latest weather/sea report that your car's boat made over its radio!

More information can be found at: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2115&hl=status+codes

Status Meaning
0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW/MINI NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop ("Workshop" is the German version of the VPC)
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 AG Load No. -- Released to Carrier
190 Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival -- ATA

pvr said:
Thanks for the welcome. Was close to getting your color combo. Sounds beautiful, and I can tell from your options that the car is starting its life in a warm weather climate.

I've seen a lot written around here about "status x". If you know, please tell me what the various status numbers mean, and how do you follow it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
My dealer told me that my M-5 will be on Orion Diamond which was scheduled to set sail today, 12/13. I managed to find the call sign, YJXP6, but could not find its location. It's not at the port either, at least not in Bremerhaven. I don't think I can track the car with VIN, unlike W&W Lines. Anybody have info on this ship? I believe it belongs to NYK Lines

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
golfnut said:
My dealer told me that my M-5 will be on Orion Diamond which was scheduled to set sail today, 12/13. I managed to find the call sign, YJXP6, but could not find its location. It's not at the port either, at least not in Bremerhaven. I don't think I can track the car with VIN, unlike W&W Lines. Anybody have info on this ship? I believe it belongs to NYK Lines
It seems that cars shipped to the west coast VPC go on NYK Lines ships. Unfortunately, you can't track you car with a VIN, nor can you track the ship on the various websites listed above, from what I've been able to determine. The best you can do is go to the San Diego port site, which is the stop before arriving at Port Hueneme, see when your ship is due to arrive there, and assume it will arrive the next day at Port Hueneme:
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just checked owners circle and called the 800 number, and neither of these methods gave me the production status number. Is calling the dealership the only way to get the status number?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
TireBurn said:
I just checked owners circle and called the 800 number, and neither of these methods gave me the production status number. Is calling the dealership the only way to get the status number?
Yes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what about tracking for Kuwait??

Any website??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tip on BMW phone number:

Yes, this might be a little too impulsive, but you don't need to wait in the voice response to get your production information.

After you dial 800-831-1117, once the system picks up you can hit "2" for production status, punch in your production number or the last 7 digits of your vin, then press "1" if you just punched in a production number or "2" if it was a partial vin.

This will be programmed into my speed dial in about 2 minutes from now...

"are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?"

·
Registered
47 Posts
time frame from boat to the West Coast?

My M6 got to Halifax April 16.
It is now May 3, and it is still there!
Anyone had experience with how long it takes before it is loaded onto a train for the trip out West?
I find this a little frustrating.
I was told two weeks ago the car was "in transit", after getting off the boat, so I had been expecting it any time.
Went in to the dealer yesterday and found out it was still in Halifax.
Nearly three weeks, so far, in the port seems a little long.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, I live in Florida, and Mine is being shipped ot Charleston SC, instead of Georgia, even though the ship is going to georgia after charleston? lolol! oh well as long as it comes...

I'm dieing, I'm watching my boat move across the atlantic lol!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts