BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still learning much about my '00 M5. One of the more interesting things is I pushed a square button on the driver door by the side mirror control. Both side mirrors turned up and away! That was interesting, and not seen in the owners manual.

My question now is how to make the lock and unlock feature with the remotes go silent. I'd prefer not to have the chirping sound when I lock the car with the key fob, or unlock. Is this something I can program myself?
Can't find any info in the owner manual, and seems possible for the dealer to program, probably at quite a cost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Still learning much about my '00 M5. One of the more interesting things is I pushed a square button on the driver door by the side mirror control. Both side mirrors turned up and away! That was interesting, and not seen in the owners manual.

My question now is how to make the lock and unlock feature with the remotes go silent. I'd prefer not to have the chirping sound when I lock the car with the key fob, or unlock. Is this something I can program myself?
Can't find any info in the owner manual, and seems possible for the dealer to program, probably at quite a cost.

Thanks!
No, you can't. But I had it done by a guy down here in SoCal. PM Laidback and he will get you the info...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
lol i just ghetto rigged it and pulled out fuse 47 (i think it was fuse 47 at least, i cant remember).

that works but also disables the alarm sound.

you can get this done with software too (i think tyrone can do it... lol i forget his name)

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can go to the dealer, and have them change that.

It's a personalization feature. It would take about 5 minutes max.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I was hoping to avoid the dealer. Can't imagine going to dealer for anything right now, trying to do most things myself or use a good independent shop.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You can go to the dealer, and have them change that.

It's a personalization feature. It would take about 5 minutes max.
Yes, five minutes work, but an hours worth of charge. $$$$$ :crying::crying::crying:

teutonic rx,

If there is no one else out there that can program it for you, just wait for the moment when there are fixes that you need to get done at the dealer and get it done then. Hopefully, they don't try to charge the hour separately.

·
Registered
247 Posts
LOL depends on the dealer I suppose....

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Thanks guys. I was hoping to avoid the dealer. Can't imagine going to dealer for anything right now, trying to do most things myself or use a good independent shop.
+1! BMS uses an Autologic tool. Any good independent shop will have something similar.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
This old thread discusses all the programming the dealer can do. Since they typically charge a flat rate, they can set all the parameters you want at one time for a single charge.

See (search is your friend!:7:)
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7227

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
247 Posts
+1! BMS uses an Autologic tool. Any good independent shop will have something similar.

A good shop that has Autologic can set this for you in two seconds...

It's seriously the push of about 3 buttons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! I'll check with a local independent shop and see if they can program.

I tried searching for info on this but was looking more for solutions than brochure info. Perhaps thats why my seach came up pretty empty.

Good info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts