BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the clear Euro Hella headlights, the dealer won't turn them off for me because they are after market. As far as I know it's a carbon copy of oem (minus the clear corners). Any one have any idea how to disable them?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Jay,
what dealer is this ?

The only way it can be turned off is at the dealer. It has nothing to do with the type of headlights like the dumb dealer says, it's just another computer controlled setting.

Take it to another dealer.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
turn off the fog light button.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
DTR's are one of the programming options done by the dealer. Don't waste your time with that dealer, find a better one.

·
Registered
511 Posts
DTR's are controlled by the LCM. It's a simple reprogramming of the LCM and has nothing to do with the type of lights you run. Find another more intelligent dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greco said:
DTR's are controlled by the LCM. It's a simple reprogramming of the LCM and has nothing to do with the type of lights you run. Find another more intelligent dealer.
It's not that they say that they don't know how, but the refuse to do anything pertaining to it because it is not OEM equipment. It's sad but frivolous law suits and genuinely annoying people have brought our worlds to this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Kings MotorSport said:
It's not that they say that they don't know how, but the refuse to do anything pertaining to it because it is not OEM equipment. It's sad but frivolous law suits and genuinely annoying people have brought our worlds to this.
Have you tried offering to sign a waiver of liability? It wouldn't take much to draft one up that covers only the lights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EvilTommy said:
My friend at Open Road disabled my daytime running lights, its a 2 min. process.
i got my car from open road

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Kings MotorSport said:
Cut Me A Break.

What do lawsuits have to do with this?

You are talking to a moroninc dealer who doesn't serve your business. I assume you didn't replace the headlight control circuitry or computer system- just the bulbs. You don't want them to mess with the bulbs- just the programming.

Are they now refusing to work on the suspension? It does transport a car with non-OEM lights...

Your dealer is unreasonable- find a new one. And if you want to think they are doing this due to annoying people suing car companies- it's a free country I suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts