BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering what RMP you guys shift your E60s at when just driving casually. Also was wondering what transmission speed is the easiest on the SMG? Should let up slightly off pedal when shifting? When down shifting should I keep foot on pedal or take it off? I’ve tried all of these methods and just looking for some feedback on how you guys drive.. My car has 93k on it. Thanks in advance boys

·
Registered
165 Posts
If u dont have the euro flash, then get that...smooth as butter regardless of how you drive it...there isn't a right way or wrong way...its preference really.

The higher the bars under the gear lever the less the wear on the clutch at higher speeds...the lowest bar at low speeds should make it easier to drive.
I personally put it in auto D mode when in traffic and let it figure out the best thing to do with lowest Bar (between 1 and 2)...hope this helps

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes if you have the Euro flash, as soon as you put the car in D it will show a little two underneath the D as well as starting with only one shift bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
14rshanahan
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing