BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Powered down the M5.
Now the Day/date, and I think time is off.
How do I fix this??

Why is OBC, MPH.. ALOT different from Tach MPH?
How to fix?

And what does that LITTLE, clock button, on the left hand side
of the MKII Nav screen?

R/T button, on Steering wheel.. What is it??

thanks..

:M5launch:

·
Registered
95 Posts
First, get yourself an owner's manual. I think your car is too old to download it from BMW's website. (MKII nav is what year?)

Go to SETTINGS from your main menu. Choose CLOCK. Next, choose SET.

DATE is also in the SETTINGS sub-menu.

The OBC MPH is only an average of speed. It's not real-time. It also averages in your stops and slow-downs. So, zero mph doesn't help your 75 mph cruising speed much.

The clock button on the nav lets you look at the date and time if the car is off. This also works if the keys are out of the ignition.

R/T allows you to toggle between your BMW-installed (or aftermarket equivalent) phone and the radio.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you zero out the AVG MPH on the OBC, it is the correct instant MPH. It is the most accurate reading of speed, and always dispalys a slower speed than the speedometer (sometimes by as much as 10%). BMW's speedometer is one of the worst at accuracy, according to a speedometer accuracy test in one of the car magazines. The odometer is correct, as is the computer. Just check the MPH using the OBC and make adjustments to the nearly, almost, sort-of German precise. but inaccurate speedometer.

The R/T button switches the function between radio and telephone (if equipped with a BMW phone. The directory is displayed in the display behind the steering wheel instaed of the radio or CD information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts