BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread, someone stated that the dealership
can set things like, the door locking at a certain speed.
Thats something I would like to have. But not sure if
I want it for $60 @ the dealer. Knowing its probably
a simple thing to do..

any insight?? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
E39 MFIVE said:
In another thread, someone stated that the dealership
can set things like, the door locking at a certain speed.
Thats something I would like to have. But not sure if
I want it for $60 @ the dealer. Knowing its probably
a simple thing to do..

any insight?? :thumbsup:
Only the dealer can do this. The new models with I-Drive can be user-set.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im curious, how they do it..

Probably thru the OBC, right??

We can unlock it now.. So must be away we can do it on our own.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I don't think it's through the OBC, or at least not through any of the car's UI with the OBC. It has to be done using the dealer's proprietary computer and that computer's UI. Which means you need to pay them 1/2 hr. labor charge (some dealers charge a min. 1 hr.) to get your car into the service bay, hook it up and select your choices. While you're at it, you can set other things, too, like code your keys so that one auto sets to seat memory setting #1, and the other to #2. You can activate or deactivate DRLs. You can set the autolock. You can set the alarm so it only activates/deactivates with the RF portion of the key, but not the mechanical key/switch in door (helps anti theft because they won't be able to disable the alarm by breaking the door lock). You can set the door locks so that one push opens only the driver's door, and a second one opens the rest, or have it all open with one push. There are a few more. May as well get your money's worth. I didn't think I wanted the autolock feature so passed on it. But now I have it on my other car and it's handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts