BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give step by step instructions on how to manually reset service lights on a 2006 M5. I just had my cabin filters replaced and the dealer didn't reset the service due light. It's a royal PITA to go back there....I have tried all the remedies that I could find, but none of them worked. Has anybody succesfully done this on their 2006 M5, as I think the remedies I tried were for other model years........Thanks.....Tom

·
Registered
407 Posts
Remedies as: Holding down the odometer button w/ the ignition on until you get the "!" in a triangle, and then right after the menu to cycle through the options to the one you want then holding down the button until "RESET?" appears and then press and holding it down again?!?

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes--I tried that. I never get the reset command
I have a similar problem. I wonder if it is related to me doing the CIC retrofit. I am unable to reset my Microfilter Service mileage.

When I try to reset it, instead of saying "Reset" like all the other menu items (oil, spark plugs, brake pads, etc...), it just says "OK" and then if I press the button again for a few seconds, the "OK" disappears but doesn't reset the miles. If I keep holding the button, eventually the service menu goes away.

Here are pictures of what I am describing. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a similar problem. I wonder if it is related to me doing the CIC retrofit. I am unable to reset my Microfilter Service mileage.

When I try to reset it, instead of saying "Reset" like all the other menu items (oil, spark plugs, brake pads, etc...), it just says "OK" and then if I press the button again for a few seconds, the "OK" disappears but doesn't reset the miles. If I keep holding the button, eventually the service menu goes away.

Here are pictures of what I am describing. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I am having the same problem with mine, I try to reset my brake pad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts