BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Gents , my front bumper looks ugly with this scratches and some effects caused by the rocks and dust on the road from most of the daily driving , i don't wanna paint the bumper , so is there anyway to get rid of it without painting the bumper ?? Thank you .

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW this bang got me mad :mad: i don't know where did it came from !!

bang.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Abdullah, You are going to have to have it filled and repainted.

Reactions: q8kamikaze

·
Registered
933 Posts
paint is the only true fix :)

its just a bumper...the car will not lose value if the bumper was simply re-painted for cosmetic reasons.

I usually paint my car's bumper every spring, especially after winter driving in Canada. On my previous car (E93 M3), I had the bumper painted every spring to give it that fresh look for the summer. I never had to paint the hood, because it doesn't take as much of a beating as the bumper does.

All those guys who spend nearly or over $1000 on the 3M clearbra....I don't understand it because you can easily paint your bumper 2, if not 3 times for the same amount of money.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys , so painting it is the only way , or there's another solution , wrap the car with a matte color but still thinking about the color .
any ideas ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used this on my previous daily driver... and it really does hide ALOT.. believe it or not... its worth a try for the price. As you can see it come with a chip stick that is applied like a lip stick.. and then gently polished with the color compound... I think it works great. I did use it on my IB colored M6 and worked wonders as usual. Good Luck.

Turtle Wax Color Magic Blue Car Polish (Case of 3) | Overstock.com

I did find mine at a local autoshop... I just used the link to give you the sample of what I got... I does come in many different colors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you are trying to repair a reasonable number of larger chips, you can also use BMW's touch up paint sticks with very good results. The trick is to overfill the chips slightly with paint. This usually requires two coats of paint with drying between coats. Then have a detailing or body shop go over the entire bumper with a polishing pad to cut down all the raised spots from the chip repairs.

If your bumper is sandblasted with many small chips then I think your only course of action is painting the entire bumper.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm now thoughts going to painting the bumper . i talked to a guy this morning and he own a body shop he told me just bring your car and don't worry
about it cause he painted an M5 front bumper 2 weeks ago and the owner was very happy with the details .

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hmmm now thoughts going to painting the bumper . i talked to a guy this morning and he own a body shop he told me just bring your car and don't worry
about it cause he painted an M5 front bumper 2 weeks ago and the owner was very happy with the details .

As long as they do good work, your bumper should look better then OEM. Less orange peel for sure.

I will post a few pics shortly of my E93 M3 bumper being re-painted and i had the big ugly orange sidemarkers removed, filled in and painted...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as they do good work, your bumper should look better then OEM. Less orange peel for sure.

I will post a few pics shortly of my E93 M3 bumper being re-painted and i had the big ugly orange sidemarkers removed, filled in and painted...
Good , i'm waiting for it , thanks man .

·
Registered
933 Posts
Before (with ugly orange reflectors)

Body Shop Painting

After (No orange aka Euro look)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Much nicer!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow your M3 looks nice man , and the front bumper look Nice also , this is really makes me change my mind and paint the front bumper
BTW the guy who's sanding the bumper got a weired right hand LOL .

Reactions: SlammedM6

·
Registered
933 Posts
wow your M3 looks nice man , and the front bumper look Nice also , this is really makes me change my mind and paint the front bumper
BTW the guy who's sanding the bumper got a weired right hand LOL .

thanks man. I loved my M3, it just lacked power BIG TIME in my opinion. I probably would have thought otherwise had I gone for a coupe, (400lbs lighter). Oh well...the M6 is a beast and I love it. Can't wait to drive it next month finally.

LOL @ the guys hand...the picture came out weird, I assure you he had normal hands :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts