BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crack forming and don't want to force anything as I'd like to fix instead of replace. Any tips on how to "delicately" remove the center front grill??

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Are you talking about the lower grill? If so you have to take the bumper off. Its very easy to take off.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Yep whole bumper. Sounds 100% worse than it is. Its 2 T-50 bolts on that cross member the grill sits under and the little bolts that hold on the under body panels. Dont forget to unhook the fog lights and the head light washer hose before you try to slide it off. The clip that holds the washer hose on likes to fly away when you take it off, make sure you watch for that too.

Shouldnt take you more than 30 mins to take off the bumper.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yep whole bumper. Sounds 100% worse than it is. Its 2 T-50 bolts on that cross member the grill sits under and the little bolts that hold on the under body panels. Dont forget to unhook the fog lights and the head light washer hose before you try to slide it off. The clip that holds the washer hose on likes to fly away when you take it off, make sure you watch for that too.

Shouldnt take you more than 30 mins to take off the bumper.
No wonder that little hose was disconnected the last time I was in that area. I guess the owner before me had some bumper work done perhaps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts