BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Vanos delete plus 296 CAMS which accelerate the RPM much much quicker toward the top end. MPOWER engines loves cams, it loves that extra lift and over lap. I put cams on all my MPOWER engines I have, you will really feel the difference solid power until redline noticeable more than headers and ECU tuning, if no cams then you are missing a lot. Hopefully his summer I will be working on tuning my S85 depends on finding the tuner that I can trust and willing to offer long term support without a rip off. It is easy to install the cams but not easy to get the power out off it and make the engine runs good.
Subbed.

I would love to do this, my car is a weekend toy that seldom sees heavy traffic so I would not mind a much more aggressive top end.

Platii please document and upload your build as it progresses if you don't mind, it would greatly assist.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@platii noticeable difference in the way the two cars sound above...in the first clip the car sounds pretty much like a straight-piped s85.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Another similar project, great noise falls toward the S85 more.

This one looks pretty nicely built. S85 would not be my choice for a drift car but he’s making it work! It looks like a well sorted chassis too.

I think the other one sounds different mainly from:

Higher redline
Very short length exhaust
Cams and vanos delete

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I agree, The first video and the last video all short exit in front of the rear right wheel, and yeah the last video the engine sound more as the S85 and possibly no Vanos delete and using mss65 ecu, the first video they are using Link ecu if I am not mistaken but 100% not the mss65.

·
Registered
M6 6MT Yas Marina GT3 Touring Chalk
10 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is the single best video I've heard of this S85. Seriously haunting me. I would do just about anything for that exhaust note. My car's 100% fine, but very tempted to cash out on a vanos delete with cams if that really all it is.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It is hard to hear that noise without having a comment about it.
Vanos delete by PPM, stand alone ECU, 296 cams, straight pipe with little silencer exhaust on the car tracked at UAE. The car tracked in this Video possibly similar as they share almost identical noise note.

·
Premium Member
2008 E60 M5 Dinan S2+
474 Posts
Reactions: ym_m6

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The car in the Bimmeroost article possibly when they installed the engine with original ECU but at the track the Link stand alone is used, this is only if both are the same car.

The type of work quality on the car I saw regarding mounting the engine was below average and can't be shared.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts