BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of a way to self program the autolock function? This is when the doors lock once you start driving. The manual on page 36 states that it must be taken to the stealer, I mean dealer.

Also, is there a list of all of the other programable functions to "tweek" the car from the default settings?? :typing:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The only way is to visit the dealer, sorry. They have to hook it up to a proprietary computer to effect the changes. There are a number of options. The dealer should have them on a printed sheet. Some of them are: DRLs on; keys programmed to move seats to memory 1 or 2; unlock all at once or sequentially driver's door, then the rest; auto lock at 5 mph; seems there's more but I don't remember them.

Be sure to have them program the alarm so that it can only be disarmed by the remote, not the lock cylinder in the driver's door. (Don't worry if the battery in the remote dies. You can always disarm the alarm and start the car using the key with the ignition.) A lot of dealers don't know that this option exists and will try and talk you out of it. Don't let them. PM me if you want details as to why do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts