BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need some help please. Today my battery is dead. I am waiting for someone to come help me get the beast to the dealers so a new battery can be fitted. BUT How do I open the trunk/boot to get to the battery to get the car started?! Car is locked and only opened by the key, central locking not working due flat battery! Help please :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I believe that you have to use the master key and turn to the extreme left (anti clockwise). You will encounter resistance but it should pass it and the lid should just pop open slightly.

Also from memory I think you can open the drivers door by holding the handle up whilst turning the key to the extreme left or something like that. I know it works for the e32 and I am sure it works for our cars too.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes guess both of those would work... due to girfriend being a bit of a blonde and leaving her lights on all the time she pointed out you don;t need to access the boot on a BMW, just the terminals under the bonnet! Sorted! Thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
or just jump start the car from the points under the hood in the front of the car...That'd be easier than removing the rear seat.

Also, there is no keyhole for the trunk on the E60 M5s as it is covered by the trunk finisher.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I really want that 1x1 carbon fiber vorsteiner rear diffuser.

·
Registered
992 Posts
or just jump start the car from the points under the hood in the front of the car...That'd be easier than removing the rear seat.

Also, there is no keyhole for the trunk on the E60 M5s as it is covered by the trunk finisher.

where are the points under the hood in front of the car?

1 - 11 of 12 Posts