BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posting for public knowledge. make your own conclusions.

This is worth a try!!!

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tire d of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

The on ly way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's r eally simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION con sumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trus t me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!
&nb sp;
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Nice thought....guess it's worth a try!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It would be if the free market was in effect at most US gas stations and not controlled by the government. Instead, there are a number of pricing controls and regulations built-in (at least that I know of in Minnesota) that control the price you pay at the pump. It is designed to actually limit competitive discounting and "protect" the small independent gas station (WHICH DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE!) from being overrun by the big companies.

Whoops.

It has been a while since I heard about the actual pricing rules, but boredom can be a wonderful thing and I should look them up again.

-David

·
Registered
397 Posts
Love the idea. I've already emailed it to over 80 people. I hope everyone participates. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Obama will lower gas prices.

He speaks eloquently and makes great promises, but how will he do this. He promises to keep big business in check AND create jobs. He promises more access to healthcare but, if enacted, would add 250-300 billion dollars to our in-the-red budget. If he could will all these things to be then great, but in the real world it ain't gonna happen.

Now back on topic, OP has a good idea, but people in the US are generally too lazy and are creatures of habit so I am not optimistic. I never use their gas anyway, only Shell V power and Hess 93. Noticed my M3 ran much better when I stuck with those. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
And if everyone in the world kept their tires inflated correctly we'd save 100,000,000,000 gallons of gas a year...blah..blah...blah....

·
Registered
836 Posts
actually I keep my tires at 130psi and my M6 is now getting 31mpg in the city! :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
991 Posts
The shell by my house is overpriced compared to all other shells, even the gatorades are 5-10 cents higher than other stations(just letting every gatorade drinker who is concerned know)......I go to Exxon.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
why would Sunoco- Canada be top tier but not in the US?
I searched for almost all of those top tier stations and there was a total of 1 within 10 miles of my home and work. :sad1:

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
why would Sunoco- Canada be top tier but not in the US?
I searched for almost all of those top tier stations and there was a total of 1 within 10 miles of my home and work. :sad1:
Sunoco in Canada is unrelated to Sunoco in the United States
which is operated by Sunoco Inc. of Philadelphia, PA.

http://www.sunoco.com/
cherrsagai

1 - 17 of 17 Posts