BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running on a new set of hypersilver Avant Garde M310's but these things get caked with road grime and brake dust in only a couple days of driving in between washes. Is there anyway to keep them relatively clean? I see those wheel protectants in chain stores such as Eagle One. Do those work?

·
2,132 Posts
poor boys wheel sealant.. Clean the wheels really good with some sonax full effect wheel cleaner. Polish if needed and apply about 2-3 coats of poorboys wheel sealant. This sealant will help keep the rims cleaner longer, and make it easier to clean them. From there on, use a car wash soap in the proper dilution in the directions to clean your wheels. this will help not strip any protection from the sealant, and make it last longer.

Can also try sealants like jetseal from chemical guys and or blackfire sealant. ( made for paint but will work on the rims)

·
Registered
629 Posts
^ This
+1 on the sealant. It's what was used on my wheels back in mid May and all I do now is a simple car wash and it looks just as good as the day my car was detailed last month. Regular car wash soap not that wax and wash soap nonsense.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just the spoke on mine. The barrels would obviously require the wheel to come off but just depends if you want to go the extra mile

·
Registered
380 Posts
Akebono brake pads... ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take the wheels off, wash them. Wipe them down with 14% IPA solution. Then Apply Opti coat 2.0. That should make them very easy to clean. Opti-coat is great and permanent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts