BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share what they’ve done to give the F10 M5 some balls?

The throttle is so lazy, it thinks about speeding up like 2 seconds after I tell it to, even in Sport plus mode. Also there seems to be a lot of computers between my manual shifter and the wheels and I want to minimize that. I can’t stand how it pre-rev-matches for me as soon as I put it in gear but don’t let out the clutch.

I’m having it chipped at HG motorsports San Diego in Jan - any recommendations on the best tune for this? I have jailbreak on my E39 and like it.

Not a fan of major mechanical mods, but I’d consider something minor. I prefer as stock as possible and for the alleged HP I feel like the power is there it’s just been neutered for the Lowest common denominator driver and I want to un-do that.

It’s also too quiet , I like a little noise but not full douche exhaust, so if there’s a less obnoxious exhaust mod that could be helpful. I remember hearing that the speakers simulate the growl which is the lamest thing I’ve ever heard and I sure hope it’s not on this car.

Looking for recs ....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Is it dct or manual?

I found the stock m5 pretty boring

First up did dinan monoballs, along with 4s tires and all plugs/fluids changed

Then downpipes and ess tune
Then it came alive!
However the noise was still not enough, sounds pretty good outside but not inside
Tried ss rear race mufflers and putting around it sounded better but wot not really
But lots of drone!

Now gone to rpi gtm exhaust! Crazy sounds but sounds better outside than in

Unfortunately the f10 never sounds that satisfying to me inside

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Try this mode setting
Traction: mdm
Suspension: sport or sport plus
Diff setting: 2 bars
Steering: sport
Engine: sport plus

If you still unhappy, I have a jb4 v2 for sale. Look them up online for the gains. Plug and play. I am selling my car and no longer need it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts