BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Does anyone have any instructions or photos of how to fit a CA-Automotive rear strut brace ?

When I look in the trunk, it's not obvious where the strut brace should be mounted.
Do I need to drill holes to bolt it on, or does it bolt to existing chassis parts ?

Hope that someone can help :confused2

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi cableguy

The strut brace is made by Wiechers Sport in Germany.
I think that it's listed on the CA Automotive website under Suspension & chassis/Strut and chassis braces, roll cages/Wiechers bars and cages.
As usual, I got mine from ebay.

Thanks VetteRacer - that gives me more of an idea where to mount it. I'll remove the trunk lining tomorrow and hopefully suss it out.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fitted

Took the plunge and fitted the rear strut brace without instructions.
Wasn't too bad - a bit fiddly cutting out the trim and re-fitting it all back together.
I haven't had a chance to drive the car since fitting it, although I suspect that it won't make that much difference.
The front brace should arrive sometime this week, which i hope will be a 10 minute job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You live and learn... :hihi:

I purchased my Wiechers Front Brace from CA a while ago and can confirm its an easy job, however I since sold it and bought a Dinan... fancied a change!

Be sure to keep us posted on progress. :M5thumbs:

C.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
A green beast? Thats one I haven't seen yet! Euro order only?
Not as WOW factor as the Dinan, but I am sure it gets the job done just as well.
Congrats on the painless install. Glad the picture was able to help you out.
Matt

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
VetteRacer said:
A green beast? Thats one I haven't seen yet! Euro order only?
There is a dark green one in the little town I live in, and also a bright red one. Both a little different. Also three silver ones, including mine, and at least one black one.

Steve
00 M5

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M5 family

That's a lot of M5s in one town !
Yes, my one is Oxford green - not my first choice in colour, but I was struggling to find a good M5 when I bought it about 4 years ago. I would prefer carbon black if I had the choice again. It's quite a discreet colour though - doesn't get noticed by the police too much. (although I just got another 3 penalty points this weekend) grrrrrrr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts