BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a rubbish question, but I just received some b36 ITB's for an engine build and I'm wondering what the best way to clean them is. I don't want to mess up any of the linkages or that stuff, so should I disassemble it and then clean? If I do that is there a reassembly DIY or something? Thanks!

·
10,458 Posts
me too, used 'throttle body cleaner' more or less same as carb cleaner in a spray can. A soft brush on some of the heavy external deposits. kept it assembled and on the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great, thanks guys! Too bad its not on an s38... I actually bought it for a race engine I'm building from an m30. When it's done it will go in my current project: a two seater Caterham-style tube-frame chassis race car :cheers:

Edit: Out of curiosity, could someone tell me what the white circles are on top of each intake? Still figuring out how these things work.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Great, thanks guys! Too bad its not on an s38... I actually bought it for a race engine I'm building from an m30. When it's done it will go in my current project: a two seater Caterham-style tube-frame chassis race car :cheers:

Edit: Out of curiosity, could someone tell me what the white circles are on top of each intake? Still figuring out how these things work.
you mean those little plastic caps? Those are covers for the adjustment screws

·
Registered
593 Posts
The capped screws are the fine vacuum adjustment screws, allows fine balance of the individual throttles. There is an additional hard stop screw to set minimum throttle position (one for maximum opening as well), idle speed is controlled by an ABV on the S38.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts