BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys clean your Alcantara headliners?

·
Registered
93 Posts
thats a **** ton of mods bro...can u take sone pics of the interion and the light upgrades soo i know what it looks like.. and on the exterior mods

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you manage to get it dirty? A little NPH action??
I don't understand what you mean by NPH action, but how i got it dirty is i originally did not have the alacantara headliner option in my M5 and bought one that was laying around in a very dusty storage from a wrecked M5. Its very dusty and the edges have some dirt.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by NPH action, but how i got it dirty is i originally did not have the alacantara headliner option in my M5 and bought one that was laying around in a very dusty storage from a wrecked M5. Its very dusty and the edges have some dirt.
Not to worry, it was a rather obscure reference - if you've ever seen Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Neil Patrick Harris steals their car while he's on shrooms and offers them $200 because of the 'love stains' he left in the car.

To clean, I'd probably use Woolite diluted in water about 5:1 with a soft microfiber towel (this has been recommended for suede and leather cleaning by the guys at autopia.org). I'd think the biggest concern in cleaning it would be the potential color transfer from the Alcantara dye however you shouldn't have to worry about it with Woolite since it's itended for use with dyed fabrics.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not to worry, it was a rather obscure reference - if you've ever seen Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, Neil Patrick Harris steals their car while he's on shrooms and offers them $200 because of the 'love stains' he left in the car.

To clean, I'd probably use Woolite diluted in water about 5:1 with a soft microfiber towel (this has been recommended for suede and leather cleaning by the guys at autopia.org). I'd think the biggest concern in cleaning it would be the potential color transfer from the Alcantara dye however you shouldn't have to worry about it with Woolite since it's itended for use with dyed fabrics.
Wow never thought about cleaning it that way but i guess i'll try. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I had dirt on my headliner, I used clear packing tape & just kept on sticking it and removing it over & over like I was removing lint/pet hair from clothing and it worked perfectly. This method would probably work for you with removing built-up dust.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Actually, he was on ecstasy... not shrooms... ;-) He was rolling... hehe

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Information from the manufacturer :lightbulb:

Blood, egg, excrement, urine:​
use cold water; avoid warm water because it makes these substances

coagulate, rinse by dabbing with clean water.:eek:

I don;t even wnat to ask how the manufacturer thinks that would happen.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I would stay away from products with harsh chemicals. I wouldnt use brake cleaner like a lot of people recommend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts