BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a cable and diagnostic tools. Is there a way to check if the battery was properly registered by the dealer? Is re-registering the battery gonna do any harm?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I'm getting a cable and diagnostic tools. Is there a way to check if the battery was properly registered by the dealer? Is re-registering the battery gonna do any harm?
There is a status page using INPA that shows a log of the last 5 battery registrations.

I don't have any screen captures from my car, but this is the screen you want:

This shows the battery was incorrectly registered repeatedly, so all the log entries show 148920.00km ouich
No idea if that creates a problem, other than losing the history.
The 5 "letzter Batterietausch" entries should be registration mileage (or 0.00).

Try reading this log before and after registration, to verify the log updates.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Can somebody show this screen with the proper values in place? In other words, what it should look like...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reviving this topic, can anyone provide instructions with screens where in INPA to check battery status / register the battery? I want to re-register it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If registering a battery tells the car the battery is new, then won't re-registering it reset the "timer" and make the car think there is another new battery in place? FWIW, I don't buy in to the whole registering thing anyway. Have replaced batteries DIY in two E60s, and never registered. Call me a skeptic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts