BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello M5Board members,

I was wondering if you guys could show me how to change my front reflectors for my LCI M5 because I ordered iND painted reflectors to replace the amber/orange reflectors on the car. I tried searching it on youtube, but I couldn't get any step by step guides.

Thanks in advance,
Arman

·
Registered
211 Posts
all you need is a credit card or similar. first use the card to push up the reflector from the bottom edge while try to pull the outward and it will just pop off

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ordered a set last year when I bought my car, but I had to return them because the tabs were different from the ones I pulled off the car. I took the car down to the dealer, and had them paint my original reflectors with the same Alpine White for less than the new reflectors would have cost (I made a post about it, but I think I paid about $40).

They still look great a year later!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. But you tear up your fingers that way. I used a flat head screwdriver. I wrapped painters tape on the screwdriver to protect the paint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you so much! I checked the tracking number from Fedex, I will be get my iND painted reflectors tomorrow and I will use your method for the installation. Whenever I am finished with the installation, I will post some pictures of the painted reflectors. Up next I am going to install iND gloss black painted M5 trunk badge emblem.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all you need is a credit card or similar. first use the card to push up the reflector from the bottom edge while try to pull the outward and it will just pop off
Works perfect with the credit card! Thank you for the tip.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iND painted reflectors definitely enhance the appearance. I guess you decided to keep the M5? What made you change your mind?
Definitely changed my mind brother, I spend a lot of money on the M5 and I just don't want to let it go. It's my pride and joy, hopefully if I am financially stable I won't have to ever post it up for sale again.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*UPDATE*
On Wednesday, September 24 I received the package from iND and saw that there was only One reflector for the left side. The right side was missing, so I contacted iND Distribution about this situation, so they are going to ship me the right side reflector. Everyone makes mistakes, I trust iND and will always give them my business. I hope they ship it fast so I swap out the stock (orange) reflectors with the painted iND reflectors. Just wanted to inform you guys for the delay of my reflectors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice ordering mine this weekend. Alpine Wide looks so clean when applied

1 - 15 of 15 Posts