BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to access the reservoir for the windshield washing fluid? I understand that it's located inside the left wheel arch cover, but I have never removed that part on any of my previous cars.
Tips, photos or assembly drawings would be nice to have :)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
it seems you need remove the tire, and get into the front section of the driver's side wheel well and pull back an access panel (the lining)

Leaking Windshield washer reservoir - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

This is for a 525, but i'm sure it's the same in a M5.
1) Remove the front left wheel.
2) Fold the wheel liner sheet (rubber sheet behind the wheel) by removing all the screws as shown in the pic2.
3) Sensor was unplugged thats why I got 'Washer fluid level low' warning. The warning went away when I plugged the sensor.
4) I had water leak in the pipe marked on the pic1. I emptied the liquid tank first.
5) I got water leak fix gel from walmart and paste it around the pipe for one night.
6) Next day I filled the tank with wiper fluid and I didnt see any leak.

·
Registered
755 Posts
added to DIY sticky

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
/\

looks like the front bumper and fender are removed for easier access?

·
Registered
985 Posts
/\

looks like the front bumper and fender are removed for easier access?
I am repairing my oil cooler and thought I would take some photos to show some different angles. But the washer reservoir looks like it was designed to be serviced via the wheel well area. I do not think that the bumper needs to be pulled out to get to the washer.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
It's an easy access...wheel well area unsrew inner well plastic and..Vwalla.:applause:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts