BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006, Interlagos Blue, SMG
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm following this thread: Dead at the track

But for the life of me I can't slide the black housing back from the female housing so I can depin and fix the wires in this connector:

Hand Shoe Motor vehicle Safety glove Glove

Any tips or tricks? I don't want to break the connector and have things take even longer for finishing this work.

Thanks

·
Registered
2006, Interlagos Blue, SMG
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Trickd122 : That pink thing gets moved to the side once you slide the black housing backwards off the connector, which should let me remove the pins.

@sunilshivaram : On the back of the connector there are 2 tabs at the end of the long side of the connector; I have been focusing on those as they seem to click. It's been a bit of a bear to get them both released at the same time. When I do seem to get them both released there still seems to be something holding things together. On the long side itself there also look to be 2 tabs but it's really hard to tell if they are playing a role in retaining the black housing.

I swear, it's always these little things that set me back so much.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Try small pieces of paper clip on each side. I'm sure you are trying to be gentle so they don't break like every other BMW clip. After the black clip is slid back the pick piece has a clip and slides sideways to remove. They a pick will release the tabs on the connector to remove them one at a time. Slow and steady wins the race. If you lose the sensor strip you are in for a whole new SMG unit as they are matched. That is why I opted to leave mine alone and just recover it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts