BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is going in on monday to have the hood,front and rear hartge pieces and rear tails tinted.... now should I have them paint the entire hood white and obviously leave the vents CF or should I paint both sides white and leave the center CF "V" shaped... im leaning towards painting it all white similar to M5_Ranger's car but my friend said to do it like his M3 and leave middle CF...

pics of an 3 Series with 1/2 painted hood....

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I personally am going with the whole thing painted other than the vents. That is a pretty cool color scheme though on the M3. Maybe someone could photochop it for you.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally am going with the whole thing painted other than the vents. That is a pretty cool color scheme though on the M3. Maybe someone could photochop it for you.
im with you...:cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah, the "V' painting scenario takes the class out of your ride. I would paint the whole hood and leave the vents uncolored. Up top is an e46 with ///M3 body kit; don't think it's an ///M3

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
BD 997 hey buddy I recommend you paint the whole hood and leave the vents in the clearcoat CF.
The car has too much luxury. The vents were made smaller because Vorsteiner wanted to keep the hood understated.
Post pics when it's done. It will be beautiful.

Reactions: BD 997

·
Registered
316 Posts
BD 997 hey buddy I recommend you paint the whole hood and leave the vents in the clearcoat CF.
The car has too much luxury. The vents were made smaller because Vorsteiner wanted to keep the hood understated.
Post pics when it's done. It will be beautiful.
100% agree:cheers:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Done deal... Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
White hood with the vents painted black....then paint your roof black, add some black wheels and then you will be all set.

Cheers ///

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm jealous!:M5thumbs:
:cheers:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I agree with the others....too "Boy Racer"

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with the majority, whole in white, vents in CF. will look amazing

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
+20

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
all one color is more subdued, dude......

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
915 Posts
im glad you made the right choice. make sure you post pictures.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The carbon inserts will look great against the white, just how M5Ranger's car is. I have considered the hood also, then painting the carbon inserts metallic black.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would say to keep it clean and paint everything except the vents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts