BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How realiable is your M5

Hi All,

I would like to know how realiable is your car, putting on mind the JC (Top Gear) comments on the M5 being so fragile!!

- Any indicators lights? SMG? ...etc

Thanks for you usual supports.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Re: How realiable is your M5

We've had ours for 10 days and 851 km now, so far no trouble.. Oh wait, we had a puncture, but that is just plain bad luck :)

·
Registered
180 Posts

rem said:
9300 km, absolutely no Problem.

Great car :1:
just done 1200 miles - and have taken the car (within the run in period) to over 9000 rpms with zero problems and exceed 105 mph

·
Registered
218 Posts

done about 2600miles. only minor gliches are bluetooth not connectable to my Nokia 6230.

·
Registered
240 Posts

had it for 1 1\2 day, 324km, went up to my village, came back down to the beach. i reached 170km/h, went though few potholes while my suspension is on normal, and so far nil. will post my trip soon

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is a post for a CLS55 owner:

Well I got my first check up @ 2700miles everything on my CLS 55 is OK (yah right)

Trans feels to me like it slips every time I take off
I am getting the following messages...
ESP defective
Headlamp Cornering Unavailable.

What’s next -?
Passenger seat rattles like hell (unless I have a passenger)
Wind comes thru drivers door/window yes this means water does too.
When I go WOT sometime it bogs like it leaned out
try'd several time to get the car above 147mph - but it cuts out… I was told it was electronically limited @ 155 hummmm
When I go in reveres the side pass. mirror goes down like I set it to - but when I drive a way it only sometime goes back to normal.

"some1 told me AMG are meant to be driven hard-not sure if I completely believe it"

Any way it’s all off my chest now

I love the car - it drives nice looks good and its almost as fast as my 05 EVO MR (almost)

but I would never buy a MB again customer service sucks and the electrical problems are starting to scare me

Any how just thought I would toss in my 2 pennies about my CLS55

·
Registered
44 Posts

My AMG C55 has been very reliable but I have had lots of problems with Mercedes over the years. Wife's 745Li has been very reliable with 19,000 miles on the clock. The only unscheduled service caused by a software upgrade at a scheduled service the previous day.

·
Registered
943 Posts

22000km and NO problems! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts

Just to let you know that my car has SMG faults with 50kms and been back dealer once and still got problem.
Lets see what happens tomorrow.........

Apart from that Im starting to like it ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts

3082km and zero problems. consumption is at 13.4 liters over the last 400km, driven mostly highways at moderate speeds (150km/h).

·
Registered
76 Posts

2050 miles. No problems. Oil consumption low. Fuel , depends how you push it - no surprises.

·
Registered
188 Posts

9000 rpm..???? Hmm....?? Typo??

Ghufran said:
just done 1200 miles - and have taken the car (within the run in period) to over 9000 rpms with zero problems and exceed 105 mph

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hi 360BHP,I've got the same phone as you and my dealer gave me a list of the compatible phones for the M5.
We need to upgrade to the 6230i and buy a cradle for it (from BMW) and we'll be laughing.
Mine'll be here tomorrow!lovelove

K.
360bhp said:
done about 2600miles. only minor gliches are bluetooth not connectable to my Nokia 6230.

·
Registered
218 Posts

v10 kkb said:
Hi 360BHP,I've got the same phone as you and my dealer gave me a list of the compatible phones for the M5.
We need to upgrade to the 6230i and buy a cradle for it (from BMW) and we'll be laughing.
Mine'll be here tomorrow!lovelove

K.
Cheers - only problem is I want to keep the phone with the addresses stored [not on SIM card] - otherwise I have to reenter everything again !

Enjoy your car and let me know on the phone workings !!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your phone issue

360bhp said:
Cheers - only problem is I want to keep the phone with the addresses stored [not on SIM card] - otherwise I have to reenter everything again !

Enjoy your car and let me know on the phone workings !!!!

Thanks
If you are using a SIM card transfering Phone numbers and addresses should not be an issue, here in the middle east people change phones every month, its a fashion accessory to many. The SIM card is also like a memory stick, you can emty the SIM card into your new phone, then put it back into your old phone, delete the info on the card, and download data from your phone back into the SIM card, and repeat the process if you have to, but it can be done, refer to your Nokia manual, its in there somewhere. Hope that helps. I'll have to do the same cuz I have the same phone too :)

·
Registered
93 Posts

v10 kkb said:
Hi 360BHP,I've got the same phone as you and my dealer gave me a list of the compatible phones for the M5. We need to upgrade to the 6230i and buy a cradle for it (from BMW) and we'll be laughing.
Correct. I have a Nokia 6230i with no problems. It can be kept in your pocket ur be put in the snap-in adapter beneath the armrest.
I have to say though that it takes about 3 secs. before the phone list pops up when you push the button [I use the configurable button below the M button for it]. You are also not able to access the secondary numbers stored under a certain label. But that's just how BMW programmed their software.

As for my M5, driven it for 600 km. [still breaking in] without any problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry for silly question - but how do you upgrade from 6230 to 6230i ? Do they change the software or something if you take it a Nokia centre in the UK ?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
360bhp said:
Sorry for silly question - but how do you upgrade from 6230 to 6230i ? Do they change the software or something if you take it a Nokia centre in the UK ?

Thanks
It is ufortunately not a software upgrade, its a new version of the phone with a few extra capabilities, sorry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts