BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum but not so new to BMWs. Not sure about all of you but I was wondered how rare the color combo of my car is compared to others. e.g. Alpine white with a Caramel interior.

Well, I've just done that by recording the colors (and sunroof option) of each E39 M5 VIN. So basically input the color of your car, color of the seats and if it has a sunroof and it will show how many BMW had produced with that combo.

Give it a try - https://www.carsaddiction.com/en/colors/bmw/e39-m5

Note: There is one glitch with individual cars, the information is shown by the calculator will be correct but incomplete. If you are an owner of an E39 M5 Individual please speak up so I can update my database. Thanks.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi Daaaavid,

Long long day for me, I 'think' your flag is Norway?! I might be totally wrong!

LHD European cars (DE91) - 13 Sepia Metallic made
LHD US cars - (DE93) - 4 Sepia Metallic made
RHD cars - (DE92) - 2 Sepia Metallic made

There's one enthusiast who does post here from time to time who has a very comprehensive build sheet for M5's and thus knows the interior combo's for each exterior colour car amongst all the options too. I personally don't have that resource!

Cheers, Dennis!

· Registered
12,010 Posts
Can you do this for other E39 models such as 2003 Mtech ?
Yes elsewhere but not on that site. If you peel away the M5
and create this link you can see what models are supported.
If you search Bimmerworld or bimmer forums you should find links for all models.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
1 of 164 here. This spreadsheet is way better than the site posted: E39 M5 FACTORY STATS

I don't see way to download, if anyone does please school me. That's been up a long time but links are never forever.

· Registered
1,739 Posts
  • 1/342 - World - Sedan - Sunroof - TITANIUM SILVER - Black Standard Heritage Leather
  • 1/373 - World - Sedan - TITANIUM SILVER - Black Standard Heritage Leather
  • 1/2824 - World - Sedan - LHD - TITANIUM SILVER
So looks like 1/342?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts