BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i am a new member to m6board however i have been looking around here for awhile. My dad owns a 2008 m6 convertible which he bought used last May. When he bought it it had 15,000 miles and was on its second set of tires. We did not know the heads up display was not working properly when we bought it (it would not show m view). During the summer it had been in the shop several times for a restraint system malfunction code, strange clunking sound when shifting, convertible top not locking, brakes, and heads up display. The convertible top was dismissed as cold weather messing up the sensors. Clunking was supposed to be a bad rubber piece on the u-joint, however when it was replaced it did not help but resetting the clutch did. the clutch still needs to be reset on occasion to prevent it. restraint system code happened twice resulting in two weeks in the shop. currently the car has 30,000 miles on it. Is this a usual amount of service for one of these cars. By the way the car has been put away since thanksgiving.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wouldn't say that is unusual. The M6 is the second most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.

Mine is in the shop about once every 3 months. Which is fine by me since my Cayenne Turbo is in the shop AT LEAST once a month!

On the M6, I have had the SMG Clutch replaced at 22K miles, the brakes at 23k miles. Radiator outlet temp sensor replaces. Multiple sets of tires! and a few random things from time to time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I guess the previous owner was a little hard on the car by the look of things. When we got it it had some of the coating that goes over the plastic on the steering wheel scratched off. i am thinking of completely removing the coating to expose the glossy black plastic which i think looks better anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts