BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
it is 2000 with 41000 miles full ac-schnitzer kit 19 inch wheels ...full exuahst system with 450 hp...full carbon fiber inside..he is asking $19500...does it worth it.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
You can get them much cheaper in Dubai. $19k is way high for a 2000 MY even with the upgrades

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Not sure Dubai prices but that is worth about what they are asking USD. That is definitely a reasonable "asking price" for that car, in USD, in the US market.

edit: obviously the 450hp claim is exaggerated

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
More important than the bling factor and claimed hp, or even the low mileage is a CLEAN PPI and Service history.

With clean service history and PPI I wouldnt pay over $18,000 in Qatar, may be $19000-$19500 in US

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks all..but if all the claim is right and the car is doing 450hp cos also has headers on it..and the hartge wheels is original wheels not repilca..the ac-shinzer part is the front and rear diffuser...is it still worth it or not..and the ppi is very clean..cos it came from the factory like this..and there is aprove from bmw dealer that it has 450 hp

thanks

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
450hp....
+1

Thanks all..but if all the claim is right and the car is doing 450hp cos also has headers on it..and the hartge wheels is original wheels not repilca..the ac-shinzer part is the front and rear diffuser...is it still worth it or not..and the ppi is very clean..cos it came from the factory like this..and there is aprove from bmw dealer that it has 450 hp

thanks
I don't think you can attain +50 BHP from headers and exhaust. Not sure what proof they showed you but I would be very skeptical.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Not sure Dubai prices but that is worth about what they are asking USD. That is definitely a reasonable "asking price" for that car, in USD, in the US market.

edit: obviously the 450hp claim is exaggerated
Since the car is in Qatar ( I think the plates are from Kuwait) you have to take in consideration the prices in the region and not in the US. A clean 1 owner 2002 M5 was sold for 15k in Dubai a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Those are Hamann splitters and rear apron, not AC-Schnitzer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
with saudia arabia market price its .......expensive
its around 15k in saudia

·
Registered
374 Posts

thanks
Have you looked at the stock headers on the M5? They are two piece, tuned, full length headers. I've never seen a nicer pair of stock units on any car, sports car or not. I doubt anyone would yield more than 5 hp with aftermarket headers on this car. BMW really did a good job on this car. Most cars need the catalysts up tight to the engine to help with cold start emissions, yet the M5 maintains long tube headers, keeps the catalysts under the middle of the car, yet still passes emissions standards all over the world, including the very tough California emissions requirements. Amazing car indeed.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Have you looked at the stock headers on the M5? They are two piece, tuned, full length headers. I've never seen a nicer pair of stock units on any car, sports car or not. I doubt anyone would yield more than 5 hp with aftermarket headers on this car. BMW really did a good job on this car. Most cars need the catalysts up tight to the engine to help with cold start emissions, yet the M5 maintains long tube headers, keeps the catalysts under the middle of the car, yet still passes emissions standards all over the world, including the very tough California emissions requirements. Amazing car indeed.
Sorry, man... the stock headers are crap. It is the MOST bottle neck piece of the entire car.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
What rock have you been living under? Look at the E60 M5, E92 M3....lightyears better than the POS M62 pre-tu headers they saddled the M5 with.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Those are Hamann splitters and rear apron, not AC-Schnitzer.

:M5thumbs: I'm dreaming of that Hamann lower shelf diffuser.

I don't know local prices but that looks to be a very nice example.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well i bought my car a month back here in Kuwait Mubarak..it took me 6 months to find me a good Beast..went and saw this car..the car is clean and in a good condition..but he is asking way too much for it man..put in ur mind its 2000 model..and most of what he says is not right..those are not AC wheels..not even the splitters..and he claims he has a sheet from AC that the car was tuned there..non sense !! plus..he won't go under 6000 Kuwaiti Dinar..u can get a 2002 for 4000KD and u can spend the rest 2000KD on wutever u want..and this car is not 450hp..a header with software and cold intake kit might give you 50Hp..to get more Hpz out of the S62 will take more than a header i guess..btw.. bought my car for 1800KD..the car is clean and in a real good condition..didn't start working on yet..but will do ASAP..not saying that this price is the actual price of an M5 in Kuwait..but also the 6000KD he is asking for is not the real price too..its the price where you can buy a Beast driven on Mars or something..don't be fast..search..search..search..and u might find a good price like the price i bought my car for..there is one on Ku8 car for 4000KD that can go for 3500KD or may be even less..save ur bucks..and build ur own Beast !!

·
Registered
91 Posts
BTW guys..One Kuwaiti Dinar "KD" equals 3.780 Dollars..!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts