BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The warning "Increased Emmissions" warning came on and reading through this board sounds like it could be the O2 sensor. Anyone know about how much the dealer will charge to fix/ replace an O2 sensor? (Car is no longer under warranty)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm not sure on the O2 sensor, but one thing I can almost guarantee you is that is wont be cheap...get and after market warranty. I just had the solenoids replaced and it cost $1700, which is nuts! But everything on these cars is SUPER expensive. When it comes to engine/tranny parts you are in the Ferrari range with regard to repair costs.

As time passes and these cars get cheaper I think the ownership demogrpahic is changing and I dont think many of these newer owners, (esp. of the older cars 2006-2008) realize just how expensive it is to maintain these cars. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my M5 the other day. I have an ODB II reader so I reset it and have not had the problem since. I would not replace anything until you try the reset first.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
If everyone did their homework BEFORE they bought the M5 they would have realized it wouldn't be cheap...AND if they bought it without an extended warranty,(a GOOD extended warranty) they are out of there minds...at the time it was best to lease one and dump it when the warranty was up....People are buying older ones to save money then getting bitten because they can't afford to put gas in them never mind repairs.....you get what you pay for.......and deserve what you get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts