BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. this is my first post on here, I currently have an e39 m5, looking to purchase and e60 m5, this particular one I'm looking at has smg, 50000 miles, extended warranty, 5 previous owners. he wants 33k. Any suggestion would be great help. Thanks, Brad.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi guys. this is my first post on here, I currently have an e39 m5, looking to purchase and e60 m5, this particular one I'm looking at has smg, 50000 miles, extended warranty, 5 previous owners. he wants 33k. Any suggestion would be great help. Thanks, Brad.

depends on:

1, the build date, i would stay away from anything build before 01/06 to avoid early build 06.
2, history of the car, get the service history to see if the car's been problematic and if the recalls are done.
3, paint condition, scratches and did it ever have any panels repainted, if so was it fixed right?
4, interior condition, how is the leather, any rips or scratches?
5, how does it drive?
6, how long is the warrenty good for?

without seeing the car, its hard to say. If the car is mint 33k with extended warrenty is pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
They might have been less far less real owners -- Carfax / Autocheck often report dealers / wholesalers titling the cars as "owners" when it is really just being moved around. Still, it pays to be careful...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Be VERY Careful.....:2:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
That's a lot of owners...I'd keep looking if I were you, as it could imply that the car has had many problems, and also that it could have been driven very hard because some owners may have bought the car with the intention of keeping it for a short period of time.

Good luck.

afc1

·
Registered
279 Posts
That is a lot of owners, I can see this being an expensive daily driver. A competant mechanic would have to examine it carefully. I would also check out what the warranty covers. Covering the SMG is huge. I heard that Zurich is a solid extended warranty company which does cover the SMG.

·
Registered
195 Posts
offer him condolences.

·
Registered
105 Posts
depends on:

1, the build date, i would stay away from anything build before 01/06 to avoid early build 06.
2, history of the car, get the service history to see if the car's been problematic and if the recalls are done.
3, paint condition, scratches and did it ever have any panels repainted, if so was it fixed right?
4, interior condition, how is the leather, any rips or scratches?
5, how does it drive?
6, how long is the warrenty good for?

without seeing the car, its hard to say. If the car is mint 33k with extended warrenty is pretty reasonable.

sorry for the noob question but how do I figure out the build date, is it a code in the vin or something?

·
Registered
424 Posts
PPI before anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Run Away

Buy a car from original 1st owner w/clean title and records. Be aware Extended warranty is different from factory warranty .....
:flag:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts