BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had it measured at an alignment shop yet, but it looks excessive and tire wear also indicates this. What is normal for these cars? I have searched and searched, but have been unable to find the proper alignment specs.

US spec 1993 M5.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello SS109,
I just had my car in an alignment shop after chewing through a brand new set of rears. They told me spec was 0.05" to 0.08" according to their system.
For reference in 3 months my rear tires were downt to the cords on teh inside of each tire and my car is sitting at -0.44" on the left and -0.23" on the right. History is that I hit a curb 3 months ago and they repairs to get the alignment in spec but the toe was out and now my tires are toast. Their recommendation for me now is to take it to a frame shop to have it looked at. I hope that your problem is more easliy narrowed down.
Good luck,

- David

·
Registered
78 Posts
left and right toe from BMW alignment shop told me -0.12 to .038 degrees. Everything on my car in the rear is Brand New including the sub frame, trailing arms, wheel bearing I mean EVERYTHING and they set it too -0.20 on the left and -0.18 on the right. Tires are Goodyear eagle F1's with 280 tread wear, traction AA temperature A and they have about 18,000 miles on them and there starting to polish on the insides badly now. I never got more than 20,000 miles on rear tires before I rebuilt everything but it seems now I might get 25,000. But then again i have been driving a little spirited since everything's gotten replaced....

These cars do have alot of negative toe and camber in the rear but if your bushing are shot or shocks it gets really bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts